Author Topic: [RFC] multiple changes requested in the EA Console  (Read 25420 times)

wpn

Re: [RFC] multiple changes requested in the EA Console
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 01:54:14 PM »
BUMP

Is it possible to insert two postings for me directly after my first post? that way i can gather the RFC requests together on the first page and also put them as solved (with the version/date) when that happens.
like RFC 12  support for Win 8

brianm1002

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 05:57:30 AM »
We're starting to look at avast, coming from McAfee's ePO product, and compared to ePO, the avast Enterprise Administration Console is missing a number of features essential to large organizations.  We have over 6,000 machines in our environment and, so far, the most important items we've found to be missing, in order of priority, are: 

Sorting computers by OU - We make heavy use of OU's in Active Directory to sort computers by department for distributed administration.  If we are not able to get our computers sorted by OU rather than just by domain, this may be a deal-breaker for implementing the product. 

Active Directory authentication for administrators - Not necessarily a deal-breaker, but with the number departmental OU admins we have, not keeping another local password is highly desirable. 

Web Based Console - The trend for enterprise management consoles over the last few years has been to move to the web.  This is almost essential for heterogeneous  environments where you have a mix of Windows, Mac, and Linux/Unix desktops. 

I really want to like this product.  The price is certainly right (we're .edu) and I think the endpoint client compares very favorably to McAfee Enterprise VirusScan, but we're really going to have to think about whether we can live without the OU sorting before we rip and replace McAfee.  Are any of these items on the development roadmap? 

Brian

nannunannu

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 07:57:55 PM »
This is a SOA issue, but it may be a EA issue as well... 

Use the console to batch restore files that were accidentally quarentined due to a FALSE POSITIVE, so administrators don't have to visit hundreds of machines to repair the damage caused by a signature update.

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2013, 12:24:30 PM »
RFC 23. Reports.

I can see in the USA Education Products forum, that you only can create reports if the SQL instance is in the same server that AEA.

The SQL needs to be installed on the same machine the console is.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=114937.0

wpn

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 03:26:27 PM »
Usage of multiple licenses BP/BPP or no license
There are two types of licenses BP and BPP. Some companies dont need all BPP features on all machines. Financially its more interresting to buy only the BPP licenses that are needed and the rest BP licenses.
The console allows only one license (file).

In the console object group properties, it should be possible to select which license (BP / BPP / No license) should be used for the objects in that group.

This also solves the problem of unmanaged computers getting a license unneeded (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=101270.msg824068#msg824068).

Offline /# Thomas #/

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2014, 07:35:37 PM »
RFC 20: "Find computers" task in AEA to scan a specific OU in AD

+1 Our office manages only one OU in a very large domain of many OUs. We manually add machines one at a time to the EAC, because a scan of our entire domain would give us thousands of computers outside of our scope.

/* Thomas */