Author Topic: SafeZone browser is opening upon windows start and wont turn off  (Read 56442 times)

nipun kumari

Re: SafeZone browser is opening upon windows start and wont turn off
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 01:30:06 PM »
I've had the same issue and I'm not very pleased with my computer being hijacked like that.  I did not ask for this piece of software to automatically start up when windows booted and I cannot switch it off using either of the buttons provided.  Task manager is inaccessible as well.

I suggest Avast sort this out.  I need my PC for my work and now I cannot get in to the thing without booting in to safe mode.

I'm using windows 7 ultimate and just updated Avast to have this crap forced on to my PC.  Again I did not click an option to allow this, I rebooted and bang, a stupid overlay that cannot be closed. 

Uninstalled Avast now, stay well clear of it.

How did you uninstall it ? Im a novice and dont know much, but i want it to go away...far away

ady4um

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 03:17:39 PM »
Although "nipun kumari" double posted, just for future reference for other users that might have some similar problem, please read the following post:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=84487.msg691455#msg691455

Usually, booting into Windows Safe Mode with the normal user would be enough to remove Avast with http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility so you can re-install it again under Windows Normal Mode, using the latest stable version, downloaded ANEW.

For those who tried but couldn't, read the above linked post and try to follow those instructions.

HTH.

digitig

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 10:01:40 PM »
Btw.. OS is Windows 7.   Also i am on my ipod which is a pita to type on so forgive me for any typos. TIA!

OK I am able to sign into my computer under guest.  So my main user name is the one with the problem.  What do I do?
This has started happening to me today. I consider the unauthorised installation of SafeZone Browser to be a denial of service attack, and am now actively seeking a new security tool.

pragati

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 11:18:14 AM »
SafeZone browser is opening even i closed also.. its not allowing me to work..

how to make disable that SafeZone browser in my system w/o uninstalling avast s/w...

ljfree

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 04:04:07 PM »
I woke up this morning and got a gray screen with an icon that said safezone. Anyway I got rid of it in google chrome by clicking the wrench, then tools, then extensions. It was there. It was Avast Web rep. I used the little trash can and got rid of it. Before doing this I did notice in control panel programs that Avast installed a new update this morning. I don't think they know it doesn't work. Can't even get to desktop icons from that blank gray desktop. To get rid of the gray screen, click on the little green arrow in that taskbar, then you are back at your desktop.

jhayR09

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 06:27:54 AM »
Disable the Avast Webprep in your browser and update your browser

Wreford-Brown

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 01:06:27 PM »
A big thank you to ljfree for teaching me how to disable avast! SafeZone browser.

I'm a little annoyed that avast! have installed this hijackwear without asking me, and even more annoyed that it was popping up every 20 minutes or so preventing me from working.  I've been very happy with avast! for the last couple of years, but it might be time to go back to avg.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 01:09:46 PM »
I'm a little annoyed that avast! have installed this hijackwear without asking me, and even more annoyed that it was popping up every 20 minutes or so preventing me from working.  I've been very happy with avast! for the last couple of years, but it might be time to go back to avg.

It's a bug and it will be fixed..!!
-> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=100276.msg801406#msg801406
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

briharr

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 07:44:49 PM »
I posted once trying to find out how to get rid of this Safezone  thing.  I got a reply but it didn't work.  Listen this is your problem, please fix it immediatley NOT NEXT WEEK.

govinda sirwani

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 01:04:49 PM »
Go to desktop>Avast>security>safezone. There you will find "setting", open it and here you will see "reset safezone". Juse reset it, it will solve your problem. If you aren't able to go desktop then do it from "safe mode". Just restart your "PC" and open it into "safe mode" normallly by pressing f8 before window image.You can also uninstall from "safemode" and after that you will install it again as it is world best "antivirus".It will deffinitly solve your problem.GoodBye