Author Topic: FlashDisinfector  (Read 6898 times)

wilson79

FlashDisinfector
« on: April 29, 2009, 08:19:24 AM »
How this system work?

why i cant install it? my notebook currently install avast home edition and superantispyware, did i need to uninstall all of this?

recently i facing a problem that is sometimes i slot in my pen drive to other computer, it cant recognize my pen drive, but my friend one should not be a problem. did flash disinfector can help me?

Please give some advise. thanks!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: FlashDisinfector
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »
Flash Drive Disinfector
Information and Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

wilson79

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 09:13:45 AM »
when i save it and run the flashdisinfector, a diagram shown as below:-

if you have a flash drive, please plug it in the machine, the screen will go black for a while. don't get alarmed, this is normal.
click ok to begin disinfection

so i just press ok.

then the diagram just show "ok"

is the program running already? the result came out very fast, not so long have to wait.

is this function same as USBvaccine software?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 03:40:33 PM »
When you have your USB plugged in you need to run the again, when complete check it using Explorer and there should be a hidden folder created as in the Blue text in my previous post.

I have never heard of or used USBvaccine before so I can't say.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

dansorin

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 08:52:07 PM »
is this function same as USBvaccine software?
yes, it's the same. a user-friendlyer approach is the utility from Panda: http://research.pandasecurity.com/archive/Panda-USB-and-AutoRun-Vaccine.aspx

wilson79

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 05:05:36 AM »
i already been install the USBvaccinate(Panda Utility).

and my pen drive also have a autorun.inf file in, if i want to remove it, how i gonna to do?

Please help!!!

thank!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 02:38:47 PM »
Doesn't USBvaccinate replaces the autorun.inf file from the USB drivers with a new one? ???
The best things in life are free.

dansorin

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 09:52:25 PM »
yes, it should replace it.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 12:26:34 AM »
yes, it should replace it.
Thanks for the info.
The best things in life are free.

wilson79

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 09:26:33 AM »
erm.....

sorry, maybe i'm not familiar with this software, so i dun understand what your meaning.

can sifu explain more details?

thanks.

dansorin

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 11:27:40 AM »
it you did what DavidR explained in his first post, then you are ok. the Panda utility is the same as Flash_Disinfector but with a friendly interface.