Author Topic: Infection: HTML:Iframe-inf What Is This?  (Read 6089 times)

Offline audiodrome

Infection: HTML:Iframe-inf What Is This?
« on: February 23, 2009, 04:46:56 AM »
I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP3 and while clicking on a link trying to find the lyrics to a certain song last night, Avast alerted me to a Virus/Worm. It went through the whole routine of freezing everything up and not being able to close the windows, but eventually I instructed Avast to delete it. I then did a full Avast scan in safe mode and everything was clean except for this one line:

Name Of File

C:\Documents and Settings\Sean\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\SEIGLIUM\search[1].htm

Result

Infection: HTML:Iframe-inf
(it could be lframe-inf but I couldn't tell from the readout)

Is this anything to worry about? Is it safe to assume that since it was in the Temporary Internet Files folder for IE5 and not in a System folder then it's not that much of a threat? Since I'm running IE7, do I even need any IE5 files? Couldn't I just delete the entire IE5 content folder?

Today, I did another half a dozen full scans in safe mode with Malewarebytes' Anti-Malware, SUPERAntiSpyware, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, a-squared, RogueRemover, etc. and they all came up clean. Please advise me of anything else I can do that might help.

I am going to run another full Avast scan tonight in safe mode just to be sure that it's completely gone. Also, I notice that when I run Avast in safe mode it says, "Resident Protection: Disabled" - is this normal? It's usually set to either Normal or Custom depending on the application. If this scan also comes up clean, am I then OK?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:41:32 AM by audiodrome »

kubecj

Re: Infection: HTML:Iframe-inf What Is This?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 08:27:50 AM »
It just means that you have cached page which contains IFRAME html element leading to the site we block.

Clean temp internet files, that would solve the problem. If you are or are not infected, I can't say. Most probably not, as avast! was able to spot it in webpages.