Author Topic: Got virus, can I make a cd or a USB with your program on another pc?  (Read 2606 times)

corrado95

I have had Avast on my PC nr 1. Now I have got virus in it. I didn't see that Avast had to be updated, i had just one protection.
On my pc nr 2 I have now bought a new license for Avast, downloaded and installed it. I haven't put in the license yet.
Is it now possible to burn a cd or load a "part of Avast" on a USB stick, so I can use this to cure my pc nr 1?
The intension is to use Avast on PC nr 1 (or on both pc's if it's possible.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
You can't copy avast installation. It does not work.
Read the instructions, download and burn (maybe from another computer), finally use one of this rescue CD's:
1. G Data BootCD
2. Dr. Web
3. Avira
4. BitDefender
5. Kaspersky
6. F-Secure
7. Vba32 Rescue

You can check also this comparison article.

Integrate Multiple Antivirus Rescue Disk into One Single Disc or USB Flash Drive with SARDU. The most compreensive cleaning CD.
The best things in life are free.

corrado95

Many thanks for your help!

I went for Kaspersky and made a resque 10 USB stick which wasn't hard to do. I also did an update of the program

I then run it on my pc. Started to check C, but to my surprice no problem was found. I then run D and there was a lot of trojans and other bad things was found. It seems like you don't know which partition is the real C, in this case C was called D.
I took care of the problems in the way K did say. Now I thought the PC should be ok. But it wasn't! I can like before start XP but then most of it is locked.
I don't how to do now. Should I test another tool or is it only to start from the beginningand install?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
corrado95, you need to balance the time you'll need to clean and the full reinstall.
Another option, not fast, is using Comodo Cleaning Essentials to scan and clean the computer.
The best things in life are free.