Author Topic: Giveaway of the Day - Keriver backup program  (Read 2659 times)

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Giveaway of the Day - Keriver backup program
« on: September 22, 2009, 07:09:41 PM »
Giveaway of the Day
I don't know much about this backup program - free today at address below.

And disasters are not likely to happen as a rule to the forum regulars, but perhaps someone familiar with the program and might like to rate it for the rest of us. I'll try find spare time to rate it myself.

Keriver Image 4.1

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/
Make an exact backup of your hard disk for restoration in the event of a system failure.
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

timcan

Re: Giveaway of the Day - Keriver backup program
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 09:20:22 PM »
I couldn't resist. :)
I'll just add this to my collection of  disk imaging programs.
My first impression is that it is rather slow. I imaged my C drive of 32 GB in 55 minutes(no validating of the file)for a compressed file size of 19.2GB.
I did not do a restore, but I did boot from the rescue cd and it does recognize all my drives, which BTW you can create an image outside the windows environment.
According to the EULA this program can be used on more than one (1) personal computer. :)
JMO not bad for free. Hope this helps

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 09:49:06 PM »
I did boot from the rescue cd and it does recognize all my drives, which BTW you can create an image outside the windows environment.
Good feature, although I just think full partition backup (not imaging) is a better method, avoiding corruption of the file.
Although, it uses more space (as free space is also replicated).
The best things in life are free.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:02:21 AM »
I didn't have time to test run. But At the price, I decided to download to a computer holding archive (84GB) and give it a run when I have time. Thx for posts. 
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

normishmael

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 10:08:29 AM »
thanks mkis!

Disasters,almost always of my own making,and never malware related, tend to force a reformat/install on the average of twice per year.
It seems that most thank those without a dedicated back-up program are troglidites,so I have
messed with Macrium reflect,which seems easy enough,but i will give this a try.
Once more,thanks.