Author Topic: Can't access support site  (Read 2594 times)

jeb54321

Can't access support site
« on: January 16, 2011, 12:00:20 AM »
Something must have gone wrong when I tried to register for the support site.

I asked for it to send me my password, which it did.  Then I tried to log in, using both the support access embedded in the help app, and by going directly to the support web site, but when I try to log in using the email address and the password that the site sent me for that email address, it says invalid user.

I tried to re-register, but it says my email address is taken.

Could someone please contact me as I have a support issue, but I can't get into the support site!

Thanks!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Can't access support site
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 12:46:13 AM »
Something must have gone wrong when I tried to register for the support site.

I asked for it to send me my password, which it did.  Then I tried to log in, using both the support access embedded in the help app, and by going directly to the support web site, but when I try to log in using the email address and the password that the site sent me for that email address, it says invalid user.

I tried to re-register, but it says my email address is taken.

Could someone please contact me as I have a support issue, but I can't get into the support site!

Thanks!

Hello jeb54321 and welcome: Feel free to share your support issue here. We have alot of users and experienced evangelists who use this forum giving direction and advice.
Maybe we can help. :)

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 01:04:44 AM »
Hi ;)

Jeb54321 I had same problems as you well I used IE for register. (try it with IE). As schmidthouse said, we'll help you solve your problem. Trust me: Avast forum is unique

Bye. Lep pozdrav :)

jeb54321

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 06:10:49 PM »
Thanks!  A friendly forum - who knew?

Well, for starters, I still can't get in to the support site.  I'd like to be able to, just as a matter of principle. 

I've been using Avast for many years, and never had cause to seek support, but "it happens".

I tried using IE, but I think it's already hosed somehow.  I'm wondering if I somehow managed to enter an invalid password such that it registered me, but won't let me in. 

As I said in my post, my email address is now registered, and it's based on a vanity url, so I know that it's "me".  But I always get the "Invalid User Name or Password message.

I'll create a new post for my "support issue".

Jim