Author Topic: avast.setup and antivirus update problems  (Read 11121 times)

dialtone

Re: avast.setup and antivirus update problems
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 08:24:20 PM »
@ dialtone

I downloaded all the drivers for my GA-G31M-E2SL motherboard and they made a huge difference for my Windows 7 system.

As DavidR says  "good luck."

Thanks YoKenny,

I thought I did get all the correct drivers the first go'round on this. I did find that WinXP 64bit looses some Avast Internet Security features. I am sitting here and wondering if I should just bite the bullet and buy the latest Win7 Ultimate. It's just another 200 bucks I'd rather not have to spend.
So pehaps I shall look for any updated drivers on the Gigabyte website before going too far.

Cheers

YoKenny

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 09:30:26 PM »
Going from WinXP 64bit to Win7 Ultimate is the difference as to when Columbus crossed the Atlantic on his sailing ships to now crossing via a Boeing 747.

Well maybe I am a bit over entusiastic regarding Win7.  ;)

dialtone

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 09:47:06 PM »
 :) :) Problem SOLVED! YAY!  :)

I formatted and reinstalled. I have a couple theories about my troubles.

1. I used File and Setting Transfer Wizard to Copy things from a 32 bit system to a 64 bit system. Perhaps something was transferred that hosed up my OS.

2. (less likely)I installed the OS while my Chipset info was NOT set for AHCI. and I later moved the drive cables and enabled AHCI and installed drivers.

3. Maybe just a hosed up installation that just happened.

So far the system is running well and updating as expected. but it has been only several hours so far.