Author Topic: a248.e.akamai.net  (Read 40744 times)

stankfinger

a248.e.akamai.net
« on: March 31, 2010, 12:05:29 AM »
Help !!   :'(

For the past ten days I have had the following problem:

Whenever I try and logon to Facebook i will then be redirected to url  a248.e.akamai.net

I have attached a screen shot of the message. http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2250/screenshot3302010113742.jpg

I have spoken with both my internet provider and with Facebook techs and they assure me that the glitch belongs to Avast! because:

If I turn off my shields, the problem never recurs . . . shields on . . . problem.  All this even tho' it ONLY happens on Facebook.  Not only that, but it will sometimes let me in and then give me "Invalid URL" error messages after 5 to 10 min.

I am running XP with SP3 and have tried IE, Firefox and Chrome.  same problem.  Run it from my other computer . .  same problem.  Downloaded the Avast v.5.0 on both computers the same day about ten days ago.

Can someone help or give me some suggestions?  Let me know what other info you need.

Thanks. . . .

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: a248.e.akamai.net
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 12:20:24 AM »
I suggest:

1. Clean your temporary files.
2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
3. Use MBAM (or SUPERantispyware or even Spyware Terminator) to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete them.
4. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
5. Make a HijackThis log to post here or this analysis site. Or even submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.
6. Clean your Hosts file (replacing it) with HostsMan tool.
7. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
8. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster.
9. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 12:55:57 AM »
Your image is not an avast one that I'm aware of what 5.0 application are you running, avast free, avast Pro or avast Internet Security ?
If avast free or pro, have you made any changes to the default settings ?

What is your firewall ?
What other security software do you have installed ?

Rather than turn all shields off, try turning then off one at a time to see which is the cause. Start with the web shield, then the network shield, etc. checking after each one is turned off and report if you find the one involved.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 02:32:18 AM »
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11

moloneyclan

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 10:26:09 PM »
I am having the EXACT same problem.  Do you ever find a solution?  I can't seem to get anything, can't get any tech support on facebook.  It does this with multiple users in my house, and I would just like to get it resolved.  Any feedback you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Online polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 10:22:33 PM »
Hi Stankfinger,

Go to the test page here, and report back: http://www.demo.com/postfbauth/demoSSL.htm
For a discussion of the SSL cross domain issues: http://forum.developers.facebook.com/viewtopic.php?id=27093

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!