Author Topic: Online Security Plugin for Firefox versus abcnews.go.com  (Read 3253 times)

DigbyMS23

Online Security Plugin for Firefox versus abcnews.go.com
« on: October 23, 2013, 07:49:38 PM »
With the plugin enabled, abcnews.go.com videos do not play. Any way, short of disabling the plugin and/or using a ten-pound sledge hammer, to overcome this malady?

(Odd, there is no log out button here; was there last time I posted, a few days ago; perhaps I used it up.)

("Unodd": Now the Logout button is back. Time to start yet another conspiracy blog...).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 08:18:34 PM by DigbyMS23 »

Offline Gandalf1369

Re: Online Security Plugin for Firefox versus abcnews.go.com
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »
I can confirm this.  With the plugin enabled get no video.  With plugin disabled the videos play fine.  This is with Firefox 24.0.
Windows 10 (64bit); 8GB RAM; Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro; avast Free (latest version)

DigbyMS23

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 08:20:05 PM »
I can confirm this.  With the plugin enabled get no video.  With plugin disabled the videos play fine.  This is with Firefox 24.0.

Thanks for checking. I ought have mentioned that I'm using Fx 24.0, Windows Home Premium 64-bit, and whatever else I ought to have mentioned.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 08:36:46 PM »
Same with Chrome.  ???
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.