Author Topic: Big bug  (Read 5775 times)

Offline DraKuL

Re: Big bug
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 09:55:05 AM »
hmm ok manually deleted it. I thought that once I add it to the virus chest it will get moved to the chest. Anyway hope it wont come back  :)
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

doktornotor

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 10:00:11 AM »
Manually adding to the chest does not really move things. They would be moved automatically there if avast! detected them. For manual, no...

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 10:03:43 AM »
Oh, I did not know that  ;D Thanks for the info :) submitted the file !

Cheers!
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 10:58:07 AM »
avast! didn't really miss anything or detect it "too late". There is no such thing really. However it sometimes does happen that parts of the file do fall through Web Sheild and hit the HDD where Filesystem Shiled detects it because browser already cached parts of that file. But in such cases they are just remnants of the actual file. And even if they are in fact a full file which was initially detected, there is no way of it getting run anytime later. In worst case it will just be on a HDD and will not do anything. What avast! found out later was probably just one such file inside browser cache that File shild got hands on while browser wanted to purge that file from the browser cache sometime later.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog