Author Topic: How to stop auto renewal?  (Read 3931 times)

ctgardengirl

How to stop auto renewal?
« on: April 05, 2013, 05:47:54 PM »
I bought a 2 year license - had to accept auto renewal.  I can't get the license to insert itself , even with tech help and remote control.  I would like to stop the auto renewal.  Please tell me how I can do that. Thanks.

ctgardengirl

Re: How to stop auto renewal?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 09:19:38 PM »
Does anyone know how to access the area of their account in which I could change this?  I can't seem to find anything under 'account' which addresses this...  Thanks!
(in regards to cancelling my credit card that was used)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 09:21:36 PM »
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

ctgardengirl

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 09:30:34 PM »
Thanks for your response.  I went ahead and did this.  I hope I hear back.  The more I think about all this, the more concerned I am with how Avast handles some aspects of their customer accounts.  We should be able to access this kind of information through our account online, like every other business online that I deal with.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 10:10:03 PM »
The my(dot)avast(dot)com is completely separate from the billing department.
If nothing else you have the option of contacting you credit/debit card provider
and put a "stop" on the payment.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

ctgardengirl

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 11:02:39 PM »
Uh....isn't that kind of scary?  No contact for billing?? That does not reinforce my trust in Avast.
The payment already went through, I'm sure.  Maybe I could reverse it...will have to look into it.

Thanks for replying.