Author Topic: Full MBAM Scan Revealed A Strange Object  (Read 2948 times)

Probzzie

Full MBAM Scan Revealed A Strange Object
« on: June 01, 2011, 01:08:58 AM »
Hey all how is everyone doing, great here, hope the same for you. I just got back to my computer after letting it run a scan on Malware bytes, because I earlier got a message stating a virus had been detected. The quick scan revealed just one object which was an adware. It raised enough suspision for me to run a full scan and when it completed another object which was running out of the system32 folder.
Any help would be nice, see picture for the unknown file.

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
Re: Full MBAM Scan Revealed A Strange Object
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 01:23:11 AM »
I wouldn't delete that. I have it on my computer and it looks like a system file.
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Probzzie

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 01:29:51 AM »
I WAS waiting for a comment... But At this time a day I know its slow... I went ahead and deleted it, it BSOD my screen on restart with the message similar to the infected file. Booted to safe mode and Windows stated it had recovered from an unexpected shut down and acted normal even now as Im running it normally... Why would it state an infection?

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:31:42 AM »
I WAS waiting for a comment... But At this time a day I know its slow... I went ahead and deleted it, it BSOD my screen on restart with the message similar to the infected file. Booted to safe mode and Windows stated it had recovered from an unexpected shut down and acted normal even now as Im running it normally... Why would it state an infection?
I have no idea.
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

spg SCOTT

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 02:04:44 AM »
Related to MS updates I think.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

Probzzie

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 03:51:31 AM »
Thanks SPGscott, beings a full scan was just operated merely a week ago, I installed something in between scans and it used active X so I know where it came from even if its a false possitive. Must have been something as this isn't my first full scan and its the first time its found this object, even though my computer blue screened it returned to normal after a boot up in safe mode.

Also after re-running the scan it was clean.