Author Topic: URL:Mal2 Virus  (Read 19350 times)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: URL:Mal2 Virus
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 01:49:26 PM »
So are you saying that because i had a certain anti malware programme installed on my system , which i had no idea was in anyway an issue to anybody and has now been uninstalled from my system as soon as it has become apparent that it was an issue,  nobody will now help me? I would appreciate it if you could let me know either way?
no i did not say that...
i gave you the info about IObit and what you want to do with it is up to you (you did what evryone have done after reading this)

IObit has probably nothing to do with your issue.... and help will arrive when the removal guys are home from work
they dont work for avast, they are volunteers and use there free time here helping, so they are not in the forum 24/7
so be patient....help will arrive

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:32:01 PM by Pondus »

danceshamen

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 01:56:34 PM »
So are you saying that because i had a certain anti malware programme installed on my system , which i had no idea was in anyway an issue to anybody and has now been uninstalled from my system as soon as it has become apparent that it was an issue,  nobody will now help me?

Sure you'll get help. Please be patient. :)

Ok thanks, .. i will pass on the info regarding That IObit thing to the guy who did my PC as i'm sure he is not aware either.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 01:58:50 PM »
So are you saying that because i had a certain anti malware programme installed on my system , which i had no idea was in anyway an issue to anybody and has now been uninstalled from my system as soon as it has become apparent that it was an issue,  nobody will now help me?

Sure you'll get help. Please be patient. :)

1. Ok thanks, ..
2. i will pass on the info regarding That IObit thing to the guy who did my PC as i'm sure he is not aware either.

1. You're welcome.
2. Please do so. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 03:37:44 PM »
Could you attach a screenshot of the alert please

Warning This fix is only relevant for this system and no other, using on another computer may cause problems

Be advised that when the fix commences it will shut down all running processes and you may lose the desktop and icons, they will return on reboot

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

Code: [Select]
:Commands
[CREATERESTOREPOINT]

:OTL
O2 - BHO: (AccelerateTab) - {48A789BF-F6D6-4930-9C8B-77855A63EDE1} - C:\Program Files\Secure Speed Dial\IE\SpeedDial.dll (Secure Speed Dial)
[2013/10/11 09:29:26 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster
[2013/10/11 10:13:17 | 000,000,274 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\tasks\Driver Booster Update.job

:Files
C:\Users\Home Laptop\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\hbplgmdknmiikhjajnmcbhpcikceccih
C:\Users\Home Laptop\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nfengeggddojhakldhlpjdlddgkkjkdd
C:\Users\Home Laptop\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\glmfgahfleepmdfffonfckpmkondpdkg
C:\Program Files\Secure Speed Dial

[resethosts]
[emptytemp]
[Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.

danceshamen

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 12:20:37 AM »
Could you attach a screenshot of the alert please

Warning This fix is only relevant for this system and no other, using on another computer may cause problems

Be advised that when the fix commences it will shut down all running processes and you may lose the desktop and icons, they will return on reboot

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

Code: [Select]
[CREATERESTOREPOINT]

:OTL
O2 - BHO: (AccelerateTab) - {48A789BF-F6D6-4930-9C8B-77855A63EDE1} - C:\Program Files\Secure Speed Dial\IE\SpeedDial.dll (Secure Speed Dial)
[2013/10/11 09:29:26 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster
[2013/10/11 10:13:17 | 000,000,274 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\tasks\Driver Booster Update.job

:Files
C:\Users\Home Laptop\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\hbplgmdknmiikhjajnmcbhpcikceccih
C:\Users\Home Laptop\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nfengeggddojhakldhlpjdlddgkkjkdd
C:\Users\Home Laptop\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\glmfgahfleepmdfffonfckpmkondpdkg
C:\Program Files\Secure Speed Dial

[resethosts]
[emptytemp]
[Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.

Hi, Many thanks for this :)
Here is the (Attached) OTL report after doing everything you suggested above.

As for taking a screen shot of the alert message this is difficult as it only pops up on the odd occasion like about once every few days. But i will try to grab it next time.. What happens mainly is when i try to open a page or enter a url i just occasionally get a random page of malware appear.. the only pattern with this is that it happens several times a day.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 01:32:36 PM »
OK I will hold off until the next alert