Author Topic: Avast Premier re-install  (Read 2299 times)

Calloveri

Avast Premier re-install
« on: March 09, 2014, 12:49:55 AM »
Hello fellow Avast Premier owners!

I have a question concerning Avast Premier re-installation and activation, i just bought Avast Premier Licence resently and now i need to re-install it after i have installed my new windows i bought.. So..
After i have installed Avast to my new windows can i use the licence again after clean installation of windows or do i have to buy a new Licence?

I'm not quite sure what to do here so help is appriciated-

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Avast Premier re-install
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 12:55:08 AM »
Hi and welcome
If I understand you correctly, You can use your same License when transferring PC's (From old to new etc.)
Just install and Insert License as usual. Be sure there was no other Anti virus PRE-installed. This would have to be remove using the Venders Removal Tool. :)

Calloveri

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 01:07:23 AM »
I'm just installing a new version of windows to computer that i'm using now and i have to do clean install because of an error within my recent windows which wont let me just upgrade, yes and it is legal version of windows but i guess something must have happened because it tells me otherwise.

So after clean installation of windows i can continue my Licence where i left of with it? I have only bought Avast Premier for 1 user and i fear that when i have new windows it will tell me that i can't use the Licence, what if that happens? Who should i contact then?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 01:11:50 AM »
You can install it as many times as you require, provided you don't exceed the number of PCs (of your license) it is installed on. And you will still only have it installed on one PC.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security