Author Topic: Disable: There are too many recipients of message  (Read 3352 times)

dbbishop

Disable: There are too many recipients of message
« on: November 19, 2008, 05:25:57 AM »
Is there a way to disbable (or at least set the number of recipients) the alert:
There are too many recipients of message

I have several relatively large distribution lists and I know what I am sending and how many people I am sending it to. I do not want this alert.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: Disable: There are too many recipients of message
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 06:01:45 AM »
Which mail client are you using to send the mail (it matters as to which provider to direct you to)?

dbbishop

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 06:30:43 AM »
Microsoft Outlook 2003

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 07:44:41 AM »
Ok ... first the small print. I am an avast user just like you and I have not tested the following but ... as a very supercilious but wise older lady told me many years ago (with a more in sorrow than in anger tone) ...

"Alan ... it usually works for those who read the instructions."

So, I am reading the instructions and I must also assume that you are following the recommendation of the avast team to use the Outlook/Echange provider for Outlook which, for Outlook users, is far superior to the Internet Mail provider.

In the Outlook/Exchange provider:

Customize > (Use the arrow pointers to get to) "Heuristics" tab > Move the Sensitivity pointer to "Custom" level > Use the arrow pointer again if necessary to) "Heuristics - Advanced" tab >  Change the "Total count" box to a number greater than the total number of your addressees > "OK"

I hope that helps - please let us know.

dbbishop

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 01:21:58 AM »
Alan,

Found it. Thanks.