Author Topic: Avast! vs Eset  (Read 48104 times)

marc9401

Avast! vs Eset
« on: March 26, 2010, 05:37:54 PM »
Hey,
I know that this question is already asked a million times, but once again: What do you think, which one is better in overall? NOD32 or AVAST5 ??
I mean for me it's important to be good at real-time protection, and not too consume too much resources. So considering these 2 views, please help me decide which one to use. (All the other stuffs aren't important for me e.g.: antispam, ease of use etc..)

Offline sg09

• Current Technology Discounts
Re: Avast! vs Eset
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 05:51:38 PM »
Hey,
I know that this question is already asked a million times, but once again: What do you think, which one is better in overall? NOD32 or AVAST5 ??
I mean for me it's important to be good at real-time protection, and not too consume too much resources. So considering these 2 views, please help me decide which one to use. (All the other stuffs aren't important for me e.g.: antispam, ease of use etc..)
No antivirus is perfect.  Avast and Nod32 both hace decent interfaces, decent detections, low false positives, both are low on resources.
By the way are u considering the firewall as well? Then I can not tell about that.
But Avast has a free version with many features while Nod32 has nothing such. So, why don't you try Avast free a few days. May be you will fall in love with Avast.
What I don't liked about Nod32 is that it auto-quarantines threats but Avast gives you alart about threats or can do predefined action with an attractive voice-over message.
Anyone who knows how to loose can certainly learn how to win.

Light Archangel

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 05:59:58 PM »
So the last versions of Eset (V4.0) are heavy compared to other versions and a proccess called ekrn.exe eats a lot of resources sometimes consuming 100% of CPU  ::)

avast! is free, is light on resources and i think that offers equal or better protection than Eset.
remember that avast have 7 shields of protection and excelent detection!!  ;)
You must give a try to avast  ;)

greetings

zfactor

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 06:15:38 PM »
i own both and i personally use avast on my own system as good as eset may be it has failed me in the past. as well as the firewall just has sooo many issues even more then avast 5 is does imo. and i agree with the newest builds ess has become much slower for me and heavy

Offline sg09

• Current Technology Discounts
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »
I used No32 while it was in v3.... It was lighter then..... :(
Anyone who knows how to loose can certainly learn how to win.

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 06:21:52 PM »
test them ???

twl845

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 09:59:54 PM »
I used NOD32 for the past 3 years. The obvious thing that hits you is upgrading. There is no notification that an upgrade is available. I usually found out while surfing the Wilders Security forum. Eset requires you to go to the download page, download the upgrade, insert your key, and finish the upgrade process. Avast notifies you with a pop up, and you know the rest.  ;)

Mr.Agent

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 10:13:47 PM »
So fast update,low ressource,scan fast and dont eat your cpu,hot interface,awesome protection for free home users,etc... What you want more ? A Firewall ? Then try out their trial of avast! and find out which solution you feel better. (Free,Pro,Suite) its up to you to choice. ;)

yuerkxkbcwpfwb

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 10:22:06 PM »
i'm definitely an avast fanboy, i've tried most others and i like avast best
i'm using avast 5 free on many computers including my truecrypt whole disk encrypted netbook

Flyrfan111

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 10:29:23 PM »
My personal vote goes to Avast, had a NOD32 license for a few years. Detection wise they seem about the same from my experience but I've had far fewer problems with stability and what not with Avast.

cadremis

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 12:56:16 AM »
I used to use Eset severl years ago and I never felt protected at all, every time I used to look for spyware it was found in my system, after using Avast I forgot about this problem, now Avast runs in my 3 computers very soft that I can't feel it is there.

vahik

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 11:32:25 AM »
 در مقابل اسپایور ضعیف عمل میکندeset nod 32

Hermite15

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 11:40:44 AM »
در مقابل اسپایور ضعیف عمل میکندeset nod 32

Aspayvr acts against poor...
 ???

vahik

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 02:18:50 PM »

eset nod 32  is very poor against spywares

Mr.Agent

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 02:44:23 PM »
I find he is poor again exploit too. Which can get users in trouble while a virus is downloading in their pc. ;)