Author Topic: Avast! conflicting with Google Chrome  (Read 3511 times)

ThatOneDude

Avast! conflicting with Google Chrome
« on: March 16, 2011, 02:06:16 AM »
Hi, I am both a Google Chrome and avast! user and fan...until recently. I don't know why, but every-time I open up Google Chrome, my computer gets a Blue Screen. I know some of you are thinking, "You should report this to Google and not here." but I already did that and they all said it was due to avast!'s "self-defense" system. So I decided to come to here after I started to miss Google Chrome and started to loathe Firefox's small space for actual web content. If any of you can give me suggestions, I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks,
  ThatOneDude

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast! conflicting with Google Chrome
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 02:10:06 AM »
Please, go to folder \windows\minidump and send the newest (recent) .mdmp files for analysis.
There is also C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file.
Better if you can compress (zip), rename it with an unique name, them and add some information about the BSOD and the link for this thread.  ;)
Upload it to this anonymous ftp server: ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/
The best things in life are free.

ThatOneDude

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 02:44:41 AM »
Umm...I know this will sound stupid, but I don't know how to upload it to the ftp. There's no instructions and I can't seem to figure it out without any instructions. Can you help me?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:12:43 AM by ThatOneDude »

ThatOneDude

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 03:14:27 AM »
Nevermind, I figured out how to send it. I have sent it and I am awaiting your reply.

Please reply soon and thanks for your help,
ThatOneDude