Author Topic: Screen Weirds out  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
Screen Weirds out
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:48:18 PM »
Hey guys,

So just wondering if you've guys know anything about this. I've tried googling it, but hasn't been much of  help.

I have a friends computer which the screen sometimes turns a fluroscent Pink and green at the top and bottom of her screen. It's a HP Pavillion G6. I don't have access to it given she lives on the other side of the world. Any ideas?

Edit: She said after reinstalling windows helped. But I think that was a pure luck. I don't think malware has anything to do with this. This isn't DOS. I've asked her about heat and all that. She says it's all cool and everything.

Backlight issue? It's no longer covered by warranty.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:52:58 PM by Michael (alan1998) »
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Screen Weirds out
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 01:50:21 PM »
Could be the graphics card or the screen itself which could be broken.

If the graphics card is broken this will also appear in games (or maybe other errors then this could appear.

My grandma had something like this years ago. The screen was flickering, he could try out to change the screen if the other screen works the screen is broken.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:52:05 PM by Steven Winderlich »
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 01:53:59 PM »
It does appear in games. But ti's the actual screen. Nothing should be wrong with the GPU...
VOLUNTEER

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 01:58:56 PM »
Then he could try to change the screen out.

Maybe its gone then. :)
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 08:46:19 PM »
he

She has appeared to solve the issue at hand right now. She mentioned she tapped along the botton of the screen and returned to normal. So it might be a lose connector or something.
VOLUNTEER

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 10:38:38 PM »
It could be that the LCD cable ribbon from the motherboard to the LCD screen has gone loose (could happen if the laptop has fallen etc)

If she is comfortable enough, there are plenty of guides on youtube on how to open up a laptop and close it.

It could be that or the screen could be coming to an end.

I doubt it has anything to GPU but rather the screen and/or connection towards to screen from the motherboard of the laptop.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 12:31:46 AM »
It could be that the LCD cable ribbon from the motherboard to the LCD screen has gone loose (could happen if the laptop has fallen etc)

If she is comfortable enough, there are plenty of guides on youtube on how to open up a laptop and close it.

It could be that or the screen could be coming to an end.

I doubt it has anything to GPU but rather the screen and/or connection towards to screen from the motherboard of the laptop.

Yeah, she though about the cables. She's not too "tech Savvy". The Laptop is 4yrs old and is most likely nearing the end of it's life...
VOLUNTEER