Author Topic: Issues after recent update  (Read 3797 times)

KaiRayne

Issues after recent update
« on: July 11, 2012, 05:45:20 PM »
I have the paid version of Avast, for the home. Yesterday, I updated it and today when I restarted my computer, I'm getting windows notifying me that my system isn't fully protected. Additionally, the Avast summary is telling me the same thing. A few of the shields aren't turned on. It tells me to use the "FIX NOW" button, but when I do a pop up comes up telling me: "The following components could not be started: IM Shield, P2P Shield and File System Shield."

I've gone into the shields portion of my Avast and tried to manually turn them on but when I click the button, nothing happens.

How do I fix this issue??

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Issues after recent update
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:24:02 PM »
Well... Sorry... The faster rout would be uninstall, reboot, install, reboot.
If you want you can save your avast! settings before starting the process and reapplying them later.
The best things in life are free.

Amayathyst

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 11:22:16 PM »
Relatively Ironically, I have the same exact issue, but, I have the free version. And it didn't start happening until after I put up the latest version of Avast. So, granted while I'd already had the same thought as the Tech's reply, I'd at least like to know WHY it's doing this, as the program itself gives me absolutely NO reason for it, and what I need to do should this happen again upon reinstall. As in, I'd like a little more information then just a quick fix. >.>

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 12:41:38 AM »
Amayathyst, we're not hidding any information. The latest version issues are being addressed (for example, MS Outlook plugin).
But with the information all of you are providing, it's difficult to guess. Maybe more details about other security program installed, operational system, firewall, etc. will help.

KaiRayne

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 03:18:23 PM »
I don't quite understand what you mean.... I uninstall Avast! ? It's the paid version and I don't have the original software anymore, so I don't have the certificate that turns on all the features. (got lost in a move) How would I remedy that?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 01:12:11 AM »
I don't quite understand what you mean.... I uninstall Avast! ? It's the paid version and I don't have the original software anymore, so I don't have the certificate that turns on all the features. (got lost in a move) How would I remedy that?
Get resend your purchased license: http://www.avast.com/en-eu/resend-license-paid.php
If you receive it again, you can manage avast.
But I'm just suggesting you disable (or let disable) the avast! Outlook plugin. I'm not saying you have to uninstall all avast!

matthew_abelardo

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 03:08:47 AM »
Try reinstalling avast. first uninstall avast using the uninstall utility provided on their site (http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility). you need to boot into safe mode to run the utility.

Also, try checking if your license was inserted. Avast doesn't function after the trial period is over and a license isn't inserted.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:03:59 AM by matthew_abelardo »

KaiRayne

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 04:42:21 PM »
Thanks!! I uninstalled and then reinstalled, it works now.