Author Topic: Avast Endpoint Protection Plus, Program version stuck at 7.0.1455  (Read 9567 times)

histava

Avast Endpoint Protection Plus, the program version is stuck at 7.0.1455, I have tried reinstalling the client and the admin console numerous times but every time I click update program or virus definition, it says its already up to date, then says a new version is available and click to update. Then the cycle continues in that loop. Also tried re-downloading the installer from Avast.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Endpoint Protection Plus, Program version stuck at 7.0.1455
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 09:22:32 AM »
That's a bug, there's nothing to update. Latest version is still 7.0.1455.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

spud_2011

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 07:48:19 PM »
That's a bug, there's nothing to update. Latest version is still 7.0.1455.

that's wrong!

latest release is 8.0.1482, is curious that it is exactly the one u show in ur firm....

http://www.avast.com/release-history

btw i have the same ploblem too... and just wondering why it is happening....

MisuVir

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 04:45:28 AM »
latest release is 8.0.1482, is curious that it is exactly the one u show in ur firm....

Read the page you linked to: "Home Products"

The managed version is still 7.0.1455.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 07:14:54 AM »

We're talking about avast! EP here..!!
-> http://www.avast.com/release-history-business
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

wpn

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 10:20:53 AM »
The business engine version is  7.0.1455

The Avast 8 version is for the consumer product.
Though the business product shares code with the consumer product, the business engine always is behind a version (or more) from the consumer product.

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 05:28:41 PM »
The problem has been fixed!

claudedavid

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 10:19:21 AM »
Hi,

I have the same sort of problem here in our society. We are using AVAST Endpoint Protection Suite to manage 63 clients (workstations and servers) through the Small Office Administration Console. All seems to work fine BUT:

only 11 clients have the program version 8.0.1490.
5 have program version 7.0.1490
all others have 7.0.1455.

All have 130704-1 virus definition today.

When checking AVAST on some clients, it says that a new program is available.

WHY is the program not automatically updated on ALL clients, even if set so in the GROUP parameters ?

Is it a bug ? Something I missed ?

Thanks in advance for your help
Regards
Claude

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 10:21:55 PM »
Hi,

I have the same sort of problem here in our society. We are using AVAST Endpoint Protection Suite to manage 63 clients (workstations and servers) through the Small Office Administration Console. All seems to work fine BUT:

WHY is the program not automatically updated on ALL clients, even if set so in the GROUP parameters ?

Regards
Claude

If you set the program update to automatic in the group settings they will get the update, but the user may have to accept the request to reboot before the update takes effect. If using Enterprise Admin Console you can force the update and force a reboot at the same time.

As a workaround for SOA, just push the client to these machines with the Force Reinstall option and choose the option to automatically reboot, and they will get the update.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

claudedavid

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 07:51:52 AM »
Hi,

Regards
Claude

If you set the program update to automatic in the group settings they will get the update, but the user may have to accept the request to reboot before the update takes effect. If using Enterprise Admin Console you can force the update and force a reboot at the same time.

As a workaround for SOA, just push the client to these machines with the Force Reinstall option and choose the option to automatically reboot, and they will get the update.

Hi, thanks for your reply, but even with the program update set to Automatic + the option for "reboot request if needed" checked, it is no request asked on the clients. My own workstation is not up to date, and I did not see any reboot request ...

As each evening the workstations are shut down, it should be the same as a reboot, and the next morning the version should be up to date ???? Am I wrong ?

Claude

MarKvi

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »
claudedavid:

Have you already updated console to the latest version? That is the first step you should do. It is very important step,because it updates also a main mirror.

In case the problem persists, just simply run new client deployment over the existing installation.

SOA - Unattended deployment or Email deplyoment
EA - Deployment task

claudedavid

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »
claudedavid:

Have you already updated console to the latest version? That is the first step you should do. It is very important step,because it updates also a main mirror.

In case the problem persists, just simply run new client deployment over the existing installation.

SOA - Unattended deployment or Email deplyoment
EA - Deployment task

Hello,

thanks for your reply. By "console" do you mean SOA ? I installed the last version last week (1.3.2.21).

I now ran a deployement task on some workstations with "force reinstall" option and it works. When the workstation is rebooted the program version is up to date.

I have some last questions please:

- I don't find any Unattended deployement as task option. Only Silent, Email or uninstall. Is it normal ?

- What prevents the SOA to install new programm version on clients automatically, as it works fine for virus database ? Where can the problem lie ?

- When forcing version update on workstations, and before reboot, the AVAST licence on those workstations is no more recognized and is obsolete ... :o Sad, as I wanted to force the last programm version on all worktations, to have them all updated tomorrow morning at startup ...

thanks in advance for your support
Regards
Claude DAVID

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 11:07:51 AM by claudedavid »