Author Topic: avast for smartphone  (Read 41136 times)

fryleo

avast for smartphone
« on: August 27, 2008, 03:08:53 PM »
hello together!!!

I need an antivirus for my htc s730 (wm6, sist.op. CE 5.2.1622)

I download this program on avast PDA web site: avast! 4 PDA Edition - WinCE SmartPhone Edition 2006/WM6
but when I start installation on my smartphone the following message appears to me: IT IS NOT A VALID WINDOWS CE APPLICATION

why?
where is the correct avast program for my smartphone?

thanks and sorry for my english...  :(

jyang30

Re: avast for smartphone
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 10:35:49 AM »
Me too!
When I tried to install my ASUS P565 (Marvell TravorP CPU, windows mobile 6.1 Traditional Chinese Edition), I got error message saying "avast4ppc_arm_setup is not a valid Pocket PC application".
I have tried the other 2 installation programs "avast4ppc_wm6_setup.exe" and "avast4sphone6_setup.exe" all not working, why is that? ???
Could anyone help me please? Thanks!

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 03:43:33 AM »
Hello,
ppc- versions are not intended for your device, you can use only sphone- versions.

Do you say, that http://files.avast.com/files/pda/sphone_wm6/avast4sphonewm6_setup.exe shows the same error messages? Could you please try Sphone 2002/2003/2005 versions from our web? http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-pda.html

Thanks.

arvalis

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 02:06:12 PM »
Hi there!

I have the HTC Touch Cruise 2009 and I tryed to install the 'avast4sphonewm6_setup.exe' version on it. The message I receive says "'avast4sphonewm6_setup is not a valid Pocket PC application", same like the other guys upper.

Which is the right version for my phone? Thanks for your time!

Avast RULES, keep the same direction!

clb137

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »
Me too!
When I tried to install my ASUS P565 (Marvell TravorP CPU, windows mobile 6.1 Traditional Chinese Edition), I got error message saying "avast4ppc_arm_setup is not a valid Pocket PC application".
I have tried the other 2 installation programs "avast4ppc_wm6_setup.exe" and "avast4sphone6_setup.exe" all not working, why is that? ???
Could anyone help me please? Thanks!

Hi,

have you tried to install the software via your PC and not directly on ur phone?

Clint

stefano bagalini

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 04:38:52 PM »
and what for the iPhone4 and Nokia N8? I've heard about a version of Avast, but I can't find it!
thank you!

SafeSurf

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 08:40:20 AM »
what for the iPhone4 and Nokia N8? I've heard about a version of Avast, but I can't find it!
There currently is no Avast version for a smartphone, however there is a thread of security news and updates on this forum in the General Topics section for all OS's.  There was discussion of Avast perhaps having a smartphone version in the Smartphone thread a while ago, but we have no further news of this.  It is much needed, and with so many people using smartphones these days, it could benefit many people.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »
version for smartphone is free? or it's trial for 30 days?
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

SafeSurf

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 10:05:08 AM »
There was discussion of Avast perhaps having a smartphone version in the Smartphone thread a while ago, but we have no further news of this.
When it is released, you will see news about it here.  Usually releases are for the full product, and usually free.  I have no further information at this time.  We'll have to stay tuned for more information.  :)

SafeSurf

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 08:27:23 AM »
@ seemasaiyom,

Who are you directing your post or comment to?  If it is to clb137, that post was from 2/14/09 (> 1 year old) and no further follow up so must be resolved by now.  The technology has most likely changed and Avast will be coming out with a Mobile AV in the near future.  But thank you for your comments and suggestions.  :)

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 02:46:57 PM »
is the smartphone version on android market? I can't find it there.
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

SafeSurf

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 08:07:29 AM »
is the smartphone version on android market? I can't find it there.
It's not there yet.  You will most likely hear about it here first.