Author Topic: Side scroll bars not scrolling when dragged  (Read 1794 times)

Ken G

Side scroll bars not scrolling when dragged
« on: December 19, 2012, 06:35:50 PM »
Hello... someone suggested that I turn to the fine folks here on the avast! forums to find out about a little problem that has developed recently on my Toshiba Satallite L755 laptop (Windows 7)... I am using a wireless Logitech mouse, connected by the provided USB adaptor, and starting about 24 hours ago, I was unable to drag the scroll bars on anything down without them just returning to the top upon releasing the mouse button... I rolled back the driver in the device manager, and now some of the scroll bars are allowing me to drag them down, but some are still not. For example, the Internet Explorer page I am typing on right now will not allow me to drag the scroll bar on the side down at all... I can click below it to get it to jump down, and I can also use the arrows at the top and bottom of the bar... but no dragging. I'm worried that this may be related to a virus or worm or whatever. I am running Norton 360, which I believe to be updated and doing what it is supposed to do, but I still don't fully trust it, as I've seen others have problems regardless of virus "protection." So... I'm hoping somebody here can tell me something. Thanks in advance for any time spent tendinmg to my little issue. - K

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Side scroll bars not scrolling when dragged
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 08:32:37 AM »
I am running Norton 360, which I believe to be updated and doing what it is supposed to do, but I still don't fully trust it, as I've seen others have problems regardless of virus "protection."
if you want a check?..... this is the guide to follow

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0