Author Topic: Changing of the interface (language) of Avast  (Read 14659 times)

tiborst

Changing of the interface (language) of Avast
« on: November 26, 2008, 09:17:48 PM »
Hi,

Today one of my friend has downloaded and installed on his PC the free Avast with French interface. Since he is quite a novice in the PC "business", he wants me to help him with some settings (for example : he doesn't want avast to check outcomming mail); however I don't read French (and he himself is far from being perfect in French).
Could  somebody guide me how to change the French interface of Avast to English, without having to uninstall Avast and download and install it with English interface.
Thanks in advance
stibi

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Changing of the interface (language) of Avast
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 09:32:11 PM »
Open avast! settings, switch to "Language" page, click the link in the bottom ("To install additional languages, click here"), check English language / English help and click the "Next" button.
avast! downloads the English modules (provided you have an Internet connection, of course) and installs them; when you return to the "Language" window, you should be able to switch to English.

For the language change to take effect even on the resident protection windows, the computer should be restarted.