Author Topic: RESOLVED--Fake Renewal Notice???  (Read 10554 times)

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Fake Renewal Notice???
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 07:19:01 AM »
I sent this email on Nov 8 and never received a reply.

Received this email:

Dear avast! customer,

Thank you very much for using avast! antivirus. Your license will expire in 1 month. To stay protected you need to renew your security.

Special offer: If you renew now, you will receive a special 30% discount.

Click on the link below to purchase a new license key. The whole process will take only a few minutes to complete.

Renewal link with 30% discount:

I have avast Pro Antivirus
Customer number 26984XX4
Subscription Valid Until 1/30/2011

Do you agree with my information? That is more than one month.

Thanks

Joe
printed on 100% recycled bytes

lindawing

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 11:37:17 PM »
I would try again, Joe...perhaps reference the name of the lady who answered me (see the copy I posted earlier).

She has now written to me again, assuring me that Avast! WILL give me the discount if I renew 30 days before the actual renewal date. I'll hold them to it. ;-) Of course, now I have to REMEMBER to renew 30 days ahead of time...which (for me) is Christmas Day!...better get in there a few days ahead of THAT, or I won't get that discount!  ;D

If you DO need to write to the Sales Department, I'd recommend using the CONTACT form on the main Avast! window, and be SURE to refer to this entire thread, so that the person who gets your letter sees that MANY people have had the problem...not just you!

lindawing

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 08:17:36 PM »
If you got the promo with the wrong dates earlier, by now, you should ALSO have gotten this:

Dear avast! user,
on Monday, we sent you an email offering a discounted renewal of your current avast! product.
However, due to an error in our email system setup, it was sent to you too soon. Please accept our sincere apology for this issue, as we have made sure that it will not happen again.
You will receive an email offering the same level of discount for your product 30 days before your license expires, so there´s no need to worry – there will still be a discount for you, even if you decide to renew later.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Your avast! team

Thanks, Avast! It's nice to know there are still people who care to make things right when something goes wrong.  :)

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 08:44:18 PM »
Got the same this morning. :)
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 06:03:29 AM »
Me too. Thanks for clearing it up.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

lindawing

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 08:40:30 PM »
Sometimes it really feels good to know that something you instigated actually got an answer and action. Woohoo! :-) Thanks again to the Avast! team for ALWAYS being so responsive and pro-customer!!!

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Re: Fake Renewal Notice???
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 11:54:45 AM »
lindawing,

I'm glad your issues are cleared up, and thank you for helping others with it. :)

Could you please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  Thank you.