Author Topic: Scrolling messages  (Read 2486 times)

ccarneiro

Scrolling messages
« on: January 01, 2007, 04:15:06 PM »
Hi

I am using he Avast 4.7 home edition and when browsing the internet the bottom of the page shows what file or page is being scanned ( Avast on accesss scanner message), this blocks most of the screen, Is there some setting that can be changed so that this does not appear

Thanks in advance

Clive

tls

Re: Scrolling messages
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 04:30:14 PM »
Default is to not show this information, but if "Show detailed info on performed action" has been inadvertently selected:

Right-click tray icon > On Access Protection Control > Customize > Advanced, make sure "Show detailed info on performed action" is not ticked.  This option is available in Web Shield, Standard Shield, and Internet Mail in avast! home; useful for trouble-shooting a problem, but a pain otherwise.

Welcome to the forums, and Happy New Year!

ccarneiro

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 04:31:51 PM »
Hi

WOW!!!! that worked  :D........Thanks a bunch  :) :)

Thanks

Clive

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 05:41:12 PM »
As t l s said they are off by default, perhaps a bit of tweaking on your part without knowing what the effect would be.

I suggest a browse of the avast help file and browse the forums, especially the sticky topics at the top of each of the forums. They provide a wealth of information to help you get the best from avast.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

tls

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 10:35:38 PM »
You're quite welcome.  Glad I could help you.

tls