Author Topic: Avast and Windows XP SP3  (Read 15272 times)

DaleRR

Re: Avast and Windows XP SP3
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 09:03:20 PM »
I *did* use the Norton removal tool.   

Apparently from what has been said so far I can turn on my Microsoft update and let it download the very large SP3 when I am surfing.   Thanks for the help.   Dale

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 10:52:34 PM »
Apparently from what has been said so far I can turn on my Microsoft update and let it download the very large SP3 when I am surfing.   Thanks for the help.   Dale
Yes you can, better, you should ;)
avast has no problems with Windows XP SP3 (if you're using a legit Windows installation ;)).
The best things in life are free.

DaleRR

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 04:52:06 AM »
I think I did it!   Working OK so far and did not take long to download and install on my dial-up.   Thanks for the encouragment everyone.   Dale

StarScream

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 03:40:18 PM »
Apparently from what has been said so far I can turn on my Microsoft update and let it download the very large SP3 when I am surfing.   Thanks for the help.   Dale
Yes you can, better, you should ;)
avast has no problems with Windows XP SP3 (if you're using a legit Windows installation ;)).

Hi, was searching google for an answer to my problems regarding this topic and come across this forum. I just reinstalled my XP sp2 and updated it to sp3 with all the relevant microsoft updates, then installed avast 4.8.1335. The problem is avast did not auto update for virus definitions....Try manually on the ivas icon but not comes up. What should i do? ??? Thankz for any help rendered.  :-\

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 04:20:13 PM »
Please, post the last 300-350 lines of avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Setup.log

Also, check avast Log Viewer on section Warning/Notice if there is something reported there.
Which firewall do you have?
The best things in life are free.