Author Topic: avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport on Win8 Device Manager  (Read 17621 times)

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport on Win8 Device Manager
« on: November 12, 2012, 10:03:31 PM »
OK, short question: does anyone faced this problem on Win8?  :o I don't know what went wrong after some time with no problems, but I had to uninstall and to do fresh install of AIS again on my notebook. I was forced to do this because I was unable to connect to internet (computer showed no wireless connections available) and on device manager it was listed a lot of avast NDIS Firewall Miniport # xx devices with problems. I was not able to remove them, I was not able to update driver either. Some time ago before it, I had to restart my notebook sometimes twice to resolve No Wireless Connection available problem, and only after it was not a solution I have noticed a lot of errors in device manager.

I have some logs left on Action Center > Problem Details

Description
Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport #11

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:   PnPDriverInstallError
Architecture:   x86
Win32 error:   00000005
Inf name:   aswNdisMp.inf
Driver Package hash:   98c6aab75417fa4a6a88d21938bfc9c8c15f4376
DDInstall section name:   aswNdisMP.ndi
OS Version:   6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:   1063

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:   99dad231ca0d54bbb399f0e75236d95c (936099948)

Description
Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software on a CD that comes with the device or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is sw_aswNdisMP.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:   PnPDriverNotFound
Architecture:   x86
Hardware ID:   sw_aswNdisMP
OS Version:   6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:   1063

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:   0e6bfbacbebed87a3c71417573618cba (937120219)

LOL, my log full of these two - 106 records  ;D Yet, after re-install so far so good. I hope it will remain as it is...

Another one in the logs - this one is two days old.

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver aswndismp.inf_x86_a37f3b7d83e48753\aswndismp.inf for Device Instance ID ROOT\SW_ASWNDISMP\0011 with the following status: 0x5.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:18:00 PM by =YLAP= »

M_Fadl

Re: avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport on Win8 Device Manager
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 09:27:21 PM »
I'm facing this problem right now.. And I signed in using my Galaxy S3 Bluetooth tethering to go online by my laptop  ???.. Well, I'll uninstall AIS to see if this solution will work for me too.  ::)

Spulci

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 10:00:08 PM »
To fix this problem, please temporary disable the Avast Self Defence module. Then wait for NDIS occurences to disappear in a few minutes. Please note that during the NDIS install you may be asked to restart your pc (even one more time). After that check that no more NDIS entries will be yellow marked (you should see just one entry with no occurence number at all). Then enable again the Avast Self defence module.

Simone
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:02:47 PM by Spulci »

Reversemidas

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 01:56:15 AM »
I had the same problem in Win8 with multiple Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport on Win8 Device Manager. I did similar. I went Avast settings and disable the self defense mode, it popped up a window asking if I was sure I wanted to do this, I clicked yes. Then went to computer properties to Device Manager, down to the network adapters, clicked on one of those warnings for the miniport, and doubleclicked it, where there was a reinstall button, clicked that, it reinstalled, then the Device Manager refreshed itself and all the miniport warnings went away, did a restart and it worked fine.  Went back into AVAST settings and re-enabled Self Defense mode.  Beats me.  I encountered this problem when I was installing some HP driver/software for my wireless photosmart printer. Beats me, for what's it worth...

DarienLeonhart

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 01:53:21 AM »
I've had this problem before. You must load Windows 8 in Safe Mode and update drivers on each of those Avast Miniports to fix the problem.

Goku Buu

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 04:14:39 AM »
Well I don't know what the heck happened with Avast! customer service but they really ticked me off. I had the same issue and when I called tech support, what they mostly tried to do was get me to pay $165 for tech. 3 support.

I spoke with Victoria Llubere, Juan Chavarria and a woman by the name of Angle. They tried remote access help which failed. I was told it was my programs causing it. I was even told I have viruses on my system which are the cause. All this while constantly pushing the $165 service.

I built this system and I'm a gamer and I keep my system clean, and I know what's on it. I even have a water cooling set up. I say this because I know my system and they were simply BS'ing me so I would pay the $165!

Sorry for my rant and here is what I did to solve this issue. I booted into Safe Mode with Networking. Completely (or so I thought) uninstalled avast! with Revo Uninstaller. What was left was in Device Manager. I had all the NDIS errors. I uninstalled all of them! Yes not update but deleted. I then rebooted back into Safe Mode with Networking and reinstalled Avast! No more errors!

I hope this helps someone.