Author Topic: Reboot issue  (Read 2531 times)

bloodbath

Reboot issue
« on: August 28, 2012, 12:31:18 AM »
I am currently using the Dark Unicorn 2.5 ROM and have just started noticing a black screen after reboot, random reboots, or reboot stuck at Android boot animation. The biggest change I made was the install of the newest Avast Mobile Security and AntiTheft. I installed the AntiTheft via Direct Write method, but have since uninstalled it thinking it was the cause of my issues. However, this hasn't fixed the issue.

I have also booted into recovery and performed a cache and Dalvik cash wipe. At the same time, I fixed app permissions. It booted correctly so I thought the issue was corrected, but the next reboot. (I reboot every night via the Automateit Pro app - which I updated to the latest version also; 4.0.49 Beta)

To note, this problem seems to occur after the nightly reboot. When I wake up and view my phone, the led is lit (I keep it plugged in to charge) and the screen is black. Unplugging it does not do anything (the screen stays black and the LED remains lit), and I have to take out the battery to reboot. From then, I will either receive random reboots or get stuck at the Android boot animation (need to remove battery to get out of this). After a little while, it seems to work correctly for the rest of the day, until the next nightly reboot. 

I also perform an auto scan during the evenings, but have done them several hours before or after the reboot to see if that might be the issue.  It makes no difference.  The issue persists in either scenario.

Any ideas?

svehlak

Re: Reboot issue
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 04:13:48 PM »
Well you did not say what device you have, which OS is running there etc. AMS is not supported on custom ROMs (except CM), but may be i know, what the problem is, but without the basic info I am afraid I can not help.

reinhardholzner

Re: Reboot issue
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 04:44:51 PM »
need a log of that... holzner (at) avast.com