Author Topic: Avast 4.6 home Connection problems  (Read 2049 times)

Froneck

Avast 4.6 home Connection problems
« on: March 16, 2005, 06:41:23 PM »
Hi
 I have been using Avast 4.6 pro,  a computer problem required me to re-load XP. loosing all my license key info., all was saved in an e-mail file. I downloaded 4.6 Home to get me started. Because of an on-going problem Microsoft suggested I parallel load XP.
 Everything was working fine until a few upgrades to Avast home were received and my system rebooted. Now I can not receive photos on MSN CBS or Yahoo News page. Also eBay is slow loading but without any photos. Unable to find the problem I rebooted to my parallel XP, all worked lighting fast as it should with 100m DSL Not having any protection I loaded Zone Alarm and Avast Pro taking the time to search and find the license information in my lost e-mail file. All worked
well! However going back to my other XP SP2 I have the same very slooooow connection and NO photos! I tried exempting the URL no good, I tried pausing Net Shield, No luck Paused all and again nothing but if I turn off on access scanner basically shutting down Avast Home all works great, super speed and photos! But No Protection! What can I do or what kind of setting must I make so that I can access e-Bay and the various news programs like MSN CBS and Yahoo ? I'm using IE Firefox seem most effected yet in my parallel XP both IE and FF work great!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast 4.6 home Connection problems
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 07:37:55 PM »
Why do you say that with Home version you're not protected?
Did you disable Net Shield or Web Shield?
The best things in life are free.