Author Topic: Announcement: avast! Mobile Beta Test  (Read 141714 times)

sleipneer

Re: Announcement: avast! Mobile Beta Test
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 09:34:08 AM »
I cant use the Backup App on my rooted I9505.

It trys to connect to gDrive, the permission window opens, i click confirm. Then it trys again to connect and the window comes up again.

What is here wrong?

Edit: on my Note2 with Cyanogenmod it seems to work well.... confusing....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:08:37 AM by sleipneer »

TheUntouchable

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 09:38:14 AM »
Just tried to install the backup module out of the mobile security app, but the play store tells me that the element is is not found.

EDIT: Missed to register myself for the backup beta.. xD Though the play store doesnt find it. So i will just wait :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:43:01 AM by TheUntouchable »

reinhardholzner

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 10:05:13 AM »
Maybe its related to 2-factor-auth. I'll check.

I've just entered the public beta, and successfully downloaded all three components. Both AV and anti-theft installed without an issue, with root privileges. I can not, however, get backup to initialize. When asked to 'set up Google Drive' I tap that button, select my account and tap OK after which a permissions box pops titled 'Sign in to avast!Backup with Google. I tap OK and, after about three seconds of 'connecting', it comes back to the previous permissions screen. All I can do is back out and cancel, it will not proceed beyond this point.

I have an original Droid Razr with the stock android install and root. I have two factor aith enabled on my google account and this is a google apps account.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 10:06:36 AM »
I'll check the reason unknown error. Will probably be only fixed on next release. Does it occur every time?

First thank you for the public beta test.

I want to report a bug and some suggestion.

1. Bug: in the avast Backup when I tap to button to run backup it's failed and get an error message: a general backup error occurred (reason unknown). I set everything ok, and the wifi is on.

2. in the avast Security: the green premium button too big so the 'm' is started a new line and its ugly.

3. a log feature will be great in Backup then in Security

4. in Backup: please add  notification icon (grayscale) settings because i like this skin

reinhardholzner

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 10:07:06 AM »
Do you use 2-factor-authentication?

I cant use the Backup App on my rooted I9505.

It trys to connect to gDrive, the permission window opens, i click confirm. Then it trys again to connect and the window comes up again.

What is here wrong?

sleipneer

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 10:09:48 AM »

no i don't.
as i edited just my last post, on my note2 with cyanogenmod it works well....

Edit: after the setup on my note2 the s4 works also well without an error....much more confusing....

TheUntouchable

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 10:11:22 AM »
Now everything is installed :)

Some suggestions:

Backup:
Backup Items->Images,Audio Files,Videos -> Make it possbile to select hole folders for backing up. Selecting each file is very annoying

amitsaha402

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 10:38:38 AM »
I am a beta tester of avast mobile security(beta). Till now 2 bug I've found.
1) avast anti-theft > Password Check > Take Photo didn't work. I already have avast account and also enabled 6 digit pin protection. After installation of anti-theft i enabled Password Check > Take Photo option and then i closed avast and reopened avast and put wrong password several time. But it didn't took any photo of mine.
2) Power Hunger.

Suxter

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 10:40:26 AM »
I hopes, Avast will offer these features for free :)

Ad Detector or the Advanced Privacy Advisor: Scan applications for presence of the most common ad networks giving you insight into what type of information is gathered (premium)

Back up apps (premium)
Back up app settings (rooted devices only) (premium)

Backup installed - i'll give you feedback

svehlak

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 11:09:07 AM »
Concerning the photos and premium features - some of them will be available with new version of my.avast, so please be patient. It will come very soon :-)

reinhardholzner

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »
There is a separate dialog with some text that you need to read and click OK before enabling that options :-) it says: "Please note that password check in order to work needs you to set up your Android lock screen with a password or a gesture pattern." -> it is about Android LOCK SCREEN!

I am a beta tester of avast mobile security(beta). Till now 2 bug I've found.
1) avast anti-theft > Password Check > Take Photo didn't work. I already have avast account and also enabled 6 digit pin protection. After installation of anti-theft i enabled Password Check > Take Photo option and then i closed avast and reopened avast and put wrong password several time. But it didn't took any photo of mine.
2) Power Hunger.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »
hm seems to be some google issue. can you reproduce? if yes, please send me adb logcat.

no i don't.
as i edited just my last post, on my note2 with cyanogenmod it works well....

Edit: after the setup on my note2 the s4 works also well without an error....much more confusing....

reinhardholzner

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 11:17:31 AM »
hm seems to be some google issue. can you reproduce? if yes, please send me adb logcat.

I've just entered the public beta, and successfully downloaded all three components. Both AV and anti-theft installed without an issue, with root privileges. I can not, however, get backup to initialize. When asked to 'set up Google Drive' I tap that button, select my account and tap OK after which a permissions box pops titled 'Sign in to avast!Backup with Google. I tap OK and, after about three seconds of 'connecting', it comes back to the previous permissions screen. All I can do is back out and cancel, it will not proceed beyond this point.

I have an original Droid Razr with the stock android install and root. I have two factor aith enabled on my google account and this is a google apps account.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 12:43:27 PM »
We've just released a bugfix update build 5564. This update contains several bugfixes for crashes at app launch and other bugs. Please update as soon as possible (it might take some time until the update is visible in Google Play). Note that we plan to release beta update of my.avast.com today which will also contain features like "Take Picture" and others. Regards Reinhard

reinhardholzner

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 02:19:22 PM »
The my.avast.com beta features have been released right now. You can use them once you activated the premium license on your device.