Author Topic: Avast interferes whit Online gaming  (Read 4302 times)

warrhorse

Avast interferes whit Online gaming
« on: August 25, 2013, 06:31:34 AM »
Hello, by now, i have been using avast for a good time, i like it, its really good BUT lately i play a good amount of Online games, (TF, WOT Minecraft dedicated servers etc...) thats when this started, Ui and Svc just kills my conecction making me lag, pings in al games at least doubles

(standar 132 or 145 ms go to 300 or 430ms Wot example)

I know an antivirus W/o updates is like a news chanel w/0 news xD get useless very fast.
BUT i need to stop those servises from using internet in just the worst moment posible.
I found myself disapointed when i was oh yeah game-mode engaged.  and out of nowhere LAGGG

connection showed those two doing stuff i "fired walled" them and just whet on an use another port or other ip, but if i really kill them. explorers just cant use internet as they act like a sord of proxi.

CAn i disable avast using internet while i play? Preaty please?
Im in W7,have avast and Zonealarm. Any help will be Very apreciated. >w<)/

if TLDR then lol / user reads post then Thanks! xD

BTW i have streaming and auto-update turned off, but they just connect any way, when they are not connected speed is perfectly fine.
if theres no way can we like, get an "Online-gamemode" too? LOL

Sahri

Re: Avast interferes whit Online gaming
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 03:02:36 PM »
Maybe ZoneAlarm is the culprit since it has antivirus on board as well. Two antivirus programs on one computer is NEVER a good idea. Just use the firewall of Windows 7.

GTX66

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 03:28:08 PM »
I agree, Zone Alarm is probably the culprit. Avast never interfered with any of my games.

warrhorse

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 08:00:07 PM »
Thank you for you replys :D

I have only intalled the fire wall, yes if you have the two antivirus, whole sistem gets messy. no, they work just fine, the problem are those two servises using internet while im not manually updating. they recive and send info while i play.

so... they take some bandwich on therefor i lag. its avast, the ploblem is just internet banwich, sistem performance is perfect
zone alarm do establishes conections but a lot lot less, proces explorer, the resouces monitor and Netstat comand. show me Ui and Svr been the sourse
of banwich lost.

whould be awersome if it coud accually like respect my bandwhich while o play >w<)/ (cuz games are awersome)
but yes its avast using internet whenever it wants.

i used norton 360, pfffff that thing just does what it wants. but avast is as insistent in using the internet whenever it wants as winupdate or win media player. lols
those two are utherly firewallled for good. but i dont want that for avast xD,

not that i care it does use internet its fine. but NOT while a GAME.
Gaming serious busines. >:D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:47:03 PM by warrhorse »

warrhorse

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 08:46:12 PM »
Or maybe i get something wrong lol, dont know. im not like the master of  technology myself, but for example.
i got this results. not while i was browsing or i was updating.

But by Just geting online, on that moment avast went on grabing internets as hard as it could.
and avast is NOT my firewall, i have all those features turned off, algo streaming and those are off

it"s avast proceses that just conecct to their servers anytime.
and lech my internet if i need 260 and i have 260, and then goes to do its stuff,... the result is laging and problems
(on lag and only on the game) TwT

Sahri

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 12:38:04 AM »
What's your upstream and downstream speed? (mbit)?