Author Topic: product key  (Read 20052 times)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: product key
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 02:56:04 AM »
And I tried again just for the fun of it, of course not using the SSL version... again, nothing but troubles:

MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

justin1278

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 03:00:41 AM »
Hang in their Sasha, I'm sure/hopping Alwil will have an explanation soon!

P.S. I thought you used avast! Professional

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 03:10:16 AM »
Well I use Pro version although not for so long... I tried to re-register my friend just as I mentioned in my first reply in this thread. She doesn't know much about computers, and I am the one who usually maintenance her computer. See here:

I can confirm it too. It is not the problem in not filling out other fields, or mistyping those 3 characters... I just tried to re-register my friend for Home Edition and I wasn't able no matter what I tried. I filled in every single field, even though not all of them are required, but I filled them all... still nothing. You always get a red tag at the bottom saying that you didn't enter those stupid 3 letter properly, which isn't true of course.

I solved my problem by simply going to the SSL version and registered her in there without any problems. Link is here:

https://secure.avast.com/scripts/register.php?lang=ENG
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 03:11:56 AM by S.Z.Craftec »
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

CharleyO

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 04:08:54 AM »

Yes, this also worked for cher as she states in this post ......

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=20287.msg170203#msg170203

Iso-G

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 08:58:19 AM »
Hello,
Is this problem browser dependency ?
IE 6.0 SP2 and Firefox 1.5.0.1 succeeded, but Opera 8.53 failed every time.

bertw

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 10:01:55 AM »
I too have the same problem. I have filled all the fields in, but every time the last section with the three letters comes up red, presumably to indicate that they were incorrect. I tried spaces / not spaces, but not lower case. After reading this thread I used the SSL link, which worked first time, presumably because it doesn't have the 3-letter bit at the end. I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1 under WinXP.

Ian.

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 12:39:36 PM »
Hello,
Is this problem browser dependency ?
IE 6.0 SP2 and Firefox 1.5.0.1 succeeded, but Opera 8.53 failed every time.
Tested right now with these browsers (same versions) on two types of Internet connection. All three browsers worked fine.

And I tried again just for the fun of it, of course not using the SSL version... again, nothing but troubles:

Is image with letters changing on each reload of page? Try to force reload (CTRL+R or CTRL+F5) page before submit of form. Force reload should invoke new download of all items on page even if some are cached.

Actually I never tried small letters, just because all codes are in caps anyway.
It has nothing to do with what kind of letters you are trying to enter...
Letters are lower-cased by script itself before operating with them, so it is not problem to write letters in caps or not.
What I believe it has a lot to do with (maybe) poorly created page, and also with different types of internet connection. Firewalls too ? Who knows...
Page is working for a lot of people every day, so I think page is created OK. I am personally suspecting type of connection, exactly handling of HTTP traffic by ISP, maybe your ISP is using some (transparent) proxy server, which is caching/serving wrong image.
Why is it working with SSL, I have no clue...
There isn't implemented CAPTCHA protection on SSL form.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 01:23:38 PM »
Yes, those letters are changing every single time I refresh browser's cache memory. I also tried with CTRL+F5 (full refresh) and it's doing the same as it's supposed to do (to change those letters each time).

chocholo wrote:
Page is working for a lot of people every day, so I think page is created OK. I am personally suspecting type of connection, exactly handling of HTTP traffic by ISP, maybe your ISP is using some (transparent) proxy server, which is caching/serving wrong image.

Exactly, it's working for lot of people, but in the same time it's not working for many of them, just as it can be seen in this thread... lot of people complained about this. I know for some other pages which uses CAPTCHA protection (like for example Yahoo SIGN-ON page), and those pages literally work for everybody... so there must be some catch 22 with this page...

Nope, my ISP doesn't use any proxies or anything like that.

kubecj

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 03:10:09 PM »
We've temporarily disabled the CAPTCHA on our registration page.

The problem lies in proxies (or transparent proxies) on client's/ISP sides which cause sessions to get lost. All people with direct connection were fine.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 04:36:23 PM »
Could it also be that people who are behind the hardware routers/firewalls were having those problems ? I am asking because as far as I know my ISP (my connection is ADSL) doesn't use any proxies... or maybe there is something that I am not aware of.

I am going through ADLS, but I am connected 24/7, practically never turn off my connection, and also I never dial to connect... naturally because I am behind a router, so it does everything for me.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 04:37:59 PM by S.Z.Craftec »