Author Topic: HP\BIN\EndProcess.exe  (Read 39991 times)

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
Re: HP\BIN\EndProcess.exe
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 08:30:24 AM »
^ Follow-up to attach the specific "boot scan" results:

I selected the "boot scan" on the Scan Log (see on prior page) and attached the "view scan" for the "boot scan log" which I presume is showing all that was found on the "boot scan".  Just the top item listed (EndProcess.exe) was put in the Virus Chest.  The other three items listed I would presume have been "deleted" I guess.  I'm not sure why all are listed as "deleted" since the "EndProcess.exe" was in the Virus Chest however.  It's all confusing to me, it seems to me I had a lot more messages displayed than just this number of problems.

This is the first time I've ever done a "boot scan" and I think it is probably the first time I've done ANY scan on this one year old computer actually.

I have to assume that these 3 items other than "EndProcess.exe" (which should be left alone) are some form of "maleware" of some kind and thus SHOULD BE DELETED?  I have to trust that Avast will get things right at least the vast majority of times and won't be taking out stuff that I need.  I'm also assuming that the "arg178012.exe" found on the "regular scan" (see previous page) was something that should be removed as well.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:51:52 AM by lakrsrool »
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: HP\BIN\EndProcess.exe
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 11:45:52 AM »
So then you are saying that on "boot scans" the PUP setting is ignored even if unchecked and PUPs are always scanned for?
<snip>

The boot-time scan has its own settings (PUPs and Archive files are scanned by default) when you schedule it you can change the settings.

So if you were doing a boot-time scan, the confusion arises on your calling it a Full scan, when there is a Full System Scan as a pre-defined scan for normal windows mode and as you have seen that has PUPs disabled by default. This setting doesn't apply to boot-time scans.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security