Author Topic: Discreet alerts?  (Read 1725 times)

pepe2

Discreet alerts?
« on: August 17, 2010, 11:45:27 AM »
So I was watching Hitchcock's movie - The Birds - last night. It was quite alright, but it wasn't as scary as it thought it would be. In fact, I wouldn't really call it a horror movie, if I were a movie critic. However, I was satisfied with it and decided to check my email before I go to bed. I was typing my password when the lady started shouting at me. VIRUS DATABASE HAS BEEN UPDATED! Her voice was loud (louder than any woman I've heard shouting) and it scared me more the the all horror scenes from the movie together.

Apparently, the volume of the speakers was still set pretty high, as I forgot mute it after the movie. After a moment of shock, my first thoughts were - I hope it didn't wake up the neighbors. They have two sons - 4 and 6 years old, who usually don't want to go back to sleep if they woke up in the middle of the night.

Fortunately, everything was fine, but for the next time, I'd like to know, is there a way to silence down this voice warning about program's database? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the irrelevant computer's alerts, especially if the woman says them, but I would be glad if they were a bit more discreet.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Discreet alerts?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 11:57:11 AM »
open avast / top right corner > settings > sounds .....