Author Topic: Please Help! Avast not showing up down in right hand corner  (Read 3086 times)

K-Dubb

Please Help! Avast not showing up down in right hand corner
« on: August 27, 2006, 01:45:42 AM »
My "Auto Protect" or the equivelant of is not showing up down in the right hand corner anymore (the globe with the a that spins).  In the task manager, it seems that it is running (all of the ashxxx.exe programs are running), but it does not show up down there any more.  I have rebooted and it is still the same way.  I have Avast 4.7 Pro. What could this be?  I have ran a full virus scan and there is nothing.  I have also ran adaware and spybot and cleaned everything up with that.

PS, sorry for sounding like a noob.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 01:56:05 AM by K-Dubb »

kdm31091

Re: Please Help! Avast not showing up down in right hand corner
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 03:15:33 AM »
Might be annoying but try reinstalling Avast maybe.

Or more obvious, try this first: Check if the Avast icon is perhaps hidden (if you're using XP anyway). If it's not, and it's gone, I would either reinstall or use "Repair" (just click Avast in add/remove programs and pick Remove or Repair)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 04:26:38 AM »
I have Avast 4.7 Pro. What could this be?
Did you install any other antivirus in this computer?
Was the protection working and now it is disabled?
Is there any info in the avast log viewer that could help us?
The best things in life are free.

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 10:02:49 AM »
Try going to Program settings, appearance, and make sure there's a check in "show Avast tray icon"
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 03:29:52 PM »
I have also ran adaware and spybot and cleaned everything up with that.

Do you have either TeaTimer (spybot) or AdWatch (adaware) running as both of these can block new start-up entries (although they should ask permission), one of those could have blocked the start-up entry for ashDisp.exe.

avast! icon missing - As a temporary measure untill this is resolved you can create a desktop shortcut for this file C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashDisp.exe (the avast icon and interface to the providers).  Right click on the file and select Send To, Desktop (create shortcut).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security