Author Topic: Special Xmas offer  (Read 3681 times)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Special Xmas offer
« on: December 27, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »
Hello forum folks,

DrWeb AV comes with a special Christmas offer, a half price migration offer, even if your license is considerably expired. Look for info here:
http://info.drweb.com/show/2725?lng=en

greets,

polonus
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 05:15:19 PM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

rdmaloyjr

Re: DrWeb half price migration offer
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 04:19:47 PM »
It's not  fair to advertise another av on avast! forums.  I don't know how good Dr. Web is, but I know avast! is excellent.

How do you think ALWIL would feel if a customer switched to Dr. Web because of your post?

I recommend avast!

..::ReVaN::..

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 04:25:51 PM »
Maybe Polonus is trying to imply beetwen the lines that alwil could also make a similar offer with it being the holidays and all?Just a thought... ;) BTW Dr.Web is an excellent AV but we all know which is the best right? :)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 04:46:26 PM »
RdMalloy,

Well I cannot agree with you there. I am not doing any advertising to switch to DrWeb, especially while it endorses heuristic scanning,
and you know yourself how dangerous false positives can work out for the newbie or the person, that does not know what should be on their computer or not. I use DrWeb only for the tools and free services that are excellent, and because it has a TWO HOUR update rate, that is amongs the best, second behind KAV.

Why are we in a forum of AV products, when you are not to discuss other AV products, their weaknesses and strong assets.
Maybe you not, but there are a lot of people in thirld world countries who cannot afford the big companies' paid versions,
and illegit versions is not what we want, here. Do we now?
It is a free world, and I would not switch to any other AV product, that is for sure. Also changed the topic title, as you can see

Have a malware free day,

polonus
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 05:16:11 PM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 05:27:53 PM »
I understood the hint, but there are a lot of people reading these posts. 
I think the hint could've been more direct to ALWIL.

I've totaled up the cost of avast!, ZA & all the antispyware programs I use and they come to over $200 for the first year.   There are many other freeware programs I use that if added to the $200 would come to more than I want to know.

While I use all these freeware programs I'm not a freeloader, but I have to put my priorities first.  I do appreciate the hint to lower prices.

I also understand that ALWIL, ZA & the others have to price their products to stay in business & pay their employees.   
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 05:29:24 PM by rdmaloyjr »

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
Re: Special Xmas offer
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 05:28:16 PM »
actually i find it relative fine ...

first Dr.Web is known for quite well done heuristic

second Dr.Web resident scanner is capable co-exist with Avast! one (with some alteration to avoid well known issues with temp files (emails modules etc)) ...

third it's always good to know about price changes / offers by "other" AVs ... it keeps market "pressure" at Avast! prices 'if' needed ...

anyway i hope Polunus will do same for Avast! in future at Dr.Web's forums :)
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

..::ReVaN::..

Re: Special Xmas offer
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 06:11:37 PM »
There are some parts of the world where 200$ is a whole years pay....