Author Topic: New Yahoo Mail Composing Messages is SO SLOW!!! Help!!!!  (Read 13367 times)

Jack 1000

New Yahoo Mail Composing Messages is SO SLOW!!! Help!!!!
« on: June 15, 2011, 12:36:32 AM »
Hey Avast,

I switched to Yahoo Mail Beta today because I have two accounts.  One updated automatically.  The other one, I updated because I wanted to have the same account features for each e-mail.  The layout is nice, and the older Yahoo Mail was always very speedy. 

However, the Composition of messages and typing on this new version takes FOREVER!  And there is no way to switch back to the old version, once you are on the new version.  Can anyone from Avast help with this?  I have already sent feedback to Yahoo, but I can't believe I am the only one with this problem!  Are there any settings that I can turn off in Yahoo Mail to make the typing speed go faster?  This is so important to me.  I am using IE 8.  I have already deleted cache and temp files, rebooted the computer, no change.

Even worse, when starting to type a message, and if you highlight it, it takes forever to delete anything.  Can other people contract Yahoo to get them on the ball with this?

Jack

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: New Yahoo Mail Composing Messages is SO SLOW!!! Help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 12:51:33 AM »
I'm sorry to here about your problem. But, I am afraid this is a Yahoo issue. May I suggest you post your issue on "Yahoo Answers".  ???
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Jack 1000

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:05:53 AM »
I'm sorry to here about your problem. But, I am afraid this is a Yahoo issue. May I suggest you post your issue on "Yahoo Answers".  ???

Thanks PN,

I don't like Yahoo Answers for issues like this, because they assume people are brain-dead and I have to go through all of the "Yes, been there, done that."  There's questions on there that go back to slow typing speed about two years!

I tried it now, and it seems to be a server issue.  (Too many people getting converted to the new system at once) kind of thing.

Jack

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 02:51:11 AM »
I don't like Yahoo Answers
Me too... Too misleading information...
The best things in life are free.

Jack 1000

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:38:33 AM »
I might have solved it!

Have IE 8's Yahoo Site running in Compatibility Mode.  Turned it off and it speeded things up!  I'll continue to monitor, but if you have this problem with the new Yahoo Mail, try that.

Jack

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 01:26:33 PM »
Thanks for posting back.
The best things in life are free.

christinemarie

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 01:38:14 PM »
I might have solved it!

Have IE 8's Yahoo Site running in Compatibility Mode.  Turned it off and it speeded things up!  I'll continue to monitor, but if you have this problem with the new Yahoo Mail, try that.

Jack
Jack,
Could you please explain the steps to turning off IE8's compatibility mode?
Thanks

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 01:44:20 PM »
christinemarie,  Click on the broken page icon in or next to the url bar and that will turn compatibility on or off.