Author Topic: bpfull.exe question  (Read 2947 times)

lucasbuck

bpfull.exe question
« on: April 10, 2011, 06:18:48 PM »
I've been doing a clean install on my computer for a couple days. Reinstalling windows 7 and all my apps. In my haste (and bordem clicking away) I ran a file that Avast identified as bpfull.exe. I THINK I clicked okay to go ahead and run it, I wasn't paying attention. It dropped a couple files into the temp directory, which Avast quarantined. So I think I'm fine, but from reading I know that virus is fairly nasty.
If I've run an Avast scan and Malwarebytes scan with nothing found, would I be safe, or should I just reinstall everything clean again? Thanks for any advice.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: bpfull.exe question
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 08:08:25 PM »
In my haste (and bordem clicking away) I ran a file that Avast identified as bpfull.exe. I THINK I clicked okay to go ahead and run it, I wasn't paying attention.
Have you checked avast quarantine...is it there ?
Have you checked the log ?

lucasbuck

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:10:02 PM »
The 2 dropped files were, but not the file that started it all (of course it was burnt to CD). I had made a system backup image when I just had Windows 7 cleanly installed (before installing apps). I went ahead and restored that. It didn't give me the option to format when it reimaged, but I'm assuming it does. Am I correct, and should that be good enough?

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 10:05:30 PM »
Hi lucasbuck,

As DrWeb's was the first av-solution to detect bpfull.exe malware,
just give this free av tool, DrWebCureIt! a swirl,
download unto your desktop from here: https://www.freedrweb.com/download+cureit+free/?lng=en
and do a full scan,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!