Author Topic: Problem with aswrvrt.sys (Won't boot)  (Read 231658 times)

omfgwork1111

Re: Problem with aswrvrt.sys (Won't boot)
« Reply #225 on: December 20, 2013, 02:58:05 AM »
Glad to hear, if all is still good tomorrow then let me know and I will tidy up

im good.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #226 on: December 20, 2013, 02:02:29 PM »
In that case methinks I will send you on your merry way :)

Subject to no further problems   :)

I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems 

Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean  :thumbsup:

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset  System Restore points:

Run AdwCleaner and select Uninstall

Run OTL and hit the cleanup button.  It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself. 

Clear Restore Points

Go Start > All Programmes > Accessories > System tools
Right click Disc Cleanup and select run as administrator
When it pops up at the first prompt select OK after it has done some calculations the tabs will appear
Select More Options tab
Press Sytem Restore and Shadow Copies Cleanup button

: Keep Java Updated :

WARNING: Java is the #1 exploited program at this time. The Department of Homeland Security recommends that computer users disable Java
See this article and this article.
I would recommend that you completely uninstall Java unless you need it to run an important software.
In that instance I would recommend that you disable Java in your browsers until you need it for that software and then enable it. (See How to diasble Java in your web browser and How to unplug Java from the browser)

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:

CryptoPrevent install this programme to lock down and prevent crypto ransome ware

Malwarebytes.

Update and run weekly to keep your system clean

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide  How did I get infected in the first place ?Keep safe  :wave:

Ch0ch1ik

« Reply #227 on: January 02, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »
Hi, i have same problem as described on the 1st page.
Im using Acer aspire 5732Z with win 7 32bit (not sure of ver).
I tried to follow instructions but the win7 link is dead.
Can You reupload iso, please?

Vares

« Reply #228 on: January 02, 2014, 08:28:11 PM »
I have this problem too, I´ve just create my txt file with frst tool.

I hope it helps to solve my problem.

Thanks in advance!

max.amp31

« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2014, 03:48:42 AM »
Hi guys, was looking around and found this thread on my first try, my cousins sent me his laptop hoping that i could fix it, unfortunately all my attempts at repair have failed, it won't boot not even in safe mode, ran "chkdsk /r /f /b" multiple times nothing, then safe boot pointed to this asvRvrt.sys problem found out it was because of avast loaded my linux liveUSB and deleted aswRvrt.sys along with the Avast program file and the aswVmm.sys, after that safe mode tells me that CLASSPNP.sys is the problem now, tried chkdsk again nothing and then i even tried sfc /scannow /bootdir=.... it found the errors but couldn't repair anything.

And now here i am hoping that essexboy could help me with this, i really don't want to re-install windows.

The laptop is a VAIO VPCEL running windows7 32bit.

Here's FRST.txt file.

Plehis

« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2014, 08:50:38 PM »
Hey guys,
Had the same problem as everyone else. PC BSOD-d and when tried to restart it was stuck on "starting windows" screen. When I tried safe mode it got stuck on the aswrvrt.sys like everyone else. Adding FRST txt file.

Billy Corman

« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2014, 08:55:35 PM »
I use a really old comp as an internet/television interface.  It runs Windows XP SP3.  It never rebooted from an Avast update and SAFEMODE hangs and reboots at the aswrvrt.sys driver.

I am currently on a new(ish) laptop.  I tried the RUFUS program mentioned on the first page, but there is no ISO file on the desktop.  When I click the icon in the blue square, it shows my DOWNLOADS file with no files to select.  Same on the new H: drive.

I can follow directions well from the page, but am fairly computer illiterate.  My instincts are poor.  I'd love to post a similar text file, but I can not seem to navigate around Step 1.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2014, 09:07:16 PM »
Billy Corman could you start your own thread please as I am no longer monitoring this one as it is rather full

Did you download OTLPE and follow the instructions details near the bottom of the first post here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Billy Corman

« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2014, 09:37:41 PM »
Billy Corman could you start your own thread please as I am no longer monitoring this one as it is rather full

Did you download OTLPE and follow the instructions details near the bottom of the first post here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
DLing OTLPE now.

I'll start a new thread, thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #234 on: July 09, 2014, 11:44:24 PM »
essex, can u give me the windows RC for 64 bits dropbox link by private?? I need this solution, but i can't get the RC >.<

Thanks a lot ^^
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:47:08 PM by senseissoundsystem »

REDACTED

« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2014, 04:41:28 PM »
Hi. I have the same problem with boot loop and aswRvrt.sys. I did as essexboy said and I attached the frst.txt.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2014, 04:52:27 PM »
@raywebmedianet

From the reatogo desktop run the command prompt and enter the following :

chkdsk c: /r

On completion reboot

REDACTED

« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2014, 05:35:35 PM »
WORKED GREAT!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU  :) :) :)

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2014, 06:01:18 PM »
Glad to help :)

REDACTED

« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2014, 12:06:59 AM »
I'm currently having the same problem as the first post. Only difference is I'm using Vista 64. Can I basically follow the same process?