Author Topic: Activation Code issue  (Read 24532 times)

CDailey

Re: Activation Code issue
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 07:30:31 AM »
I am getting the same issue.

I tried to type in the Activation code and the 11th charactor which for my activation is an "H" it will not let me type in any Alpha Charactor. I can type a numeric charactor.

Not sure if this helps as I am able to Copy and Past but just like the first person report the Last charactor will not display in License key filed. You can not type Alpha or Numeric but it does look like there is room for one more charactor.

Running Vista
Any help / solutions out there...

CharleyO

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 07:51:03 AM »

Erm... it seems that the number of registered users is so big that the license key (containing a "customer number" part) "overflowed" and is one digit longer now...  ???
I'd suggest to wait a few days; the problem has to be fixed on our side.
Sorry for the troubles.

Have any of you read this post by Igor?

Give them a few days to make the correction.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 02:46:10 PM »
There is no rush to enter the key for now, as the installation comes with a demo key which is valid for 60 days use. So there should be plenty of time to resolve this.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 02:59:28 PM »
The generator was fixed yesterday (so the wrong keys were sent for only a few hours). It's possible that you'll receive another e-mail with the fixed number - but in any case, you can register again and it should be OK this time.

gooter

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 04:05:29 PM »
The generator was fixed yesterday (so the wrong keys were sent for only a few hours). It's possible that you'll receive another e-mail with the fixed number - but in any case, you can register again and it should be OK this time.

I have registered twice since this was posted and both codes I received were still 1 digit too long.

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 04:28:31 PM »

I have registered twice since this was posted and both codes I received were still 1 digit too long.
Maybe they need to update avast! to accept the new keys ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 07:53:13 PM »
Seems that the generator is giving the same wrong key when comparing the email address... Igor, can you check? Thanks.
The best things in life are free.