Author Topic: Avast 7 and Outlook 2003  (Read 4706 times)

YiannisK

Avast 7 and Outlook 2003
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:11:54 AM »
I use Avast free some years now and I was totally satisfied until last update to Avast 7. Since I updated to version 7, Avast does not integrate to Outlook 2003 that I use. I made several attempts to uninstall it and install again. I even cleared any entry of Avast in the registry. After the installation it works correctly but when I restart my PC it does not integrate to Outlook so my e-mails are not scanned. I am obliged to install another antivirus software until there is a solution. I am very sorry for that because Avast is my favorite antivirus program. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate. I would be grateful if someone has a solution. I also cannot login to the Avast support center so that I could ask for support. Although I can login to my account when I try to login to support center I get the message "Invalid Username or Password". Does anybody know why. Thanks. Yiannis.

Béňa

Re: Avast 7 and Outlook 2003
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 09:28:53 AM »
Hmm, I recommend install avast! v6 as long as didn't released corrected version 7. Updates for version 6 and 5 and 4 still release. Nothing to worry about.

YiannisK

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 09:42:04 AM »
Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I don't have version 6 because I started using Avast from version 4 and since then I only took updates. So if I install version 4 again I can only update to version 7. Do you know if there is any way to get version 6 for clean installation? Thanks again.

Béňa

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 05:26:20 PM »
You are welcome :-)
The 6th version you can donwload for example there: http://filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/11113/
Before installation v6, you must uninstall 7th version and I recommend clean registry by Your registry cleaner or CCleaner. CCleaner is free and very good disk and regsitry cleaner.
So, then you may install avast! v6. Good luck :-)

iroc9555

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 06:00:08 PM »
@ Yiannisk

When using FileHippo site to download v. 6, use the Filehippo mirror ( just below ) the main download reference. For some reason the main download has Avast! v. 7 and not v. 6.

YiannisK

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 09:55:16 AM »
Thanks for the replies. The problem is solved. I installed version 6 without uninstalling version 7 and everything seems to work fine. Do I have to uninstall Avast, clean the PC and install it again? And finally, does anybody know if the problem with Outlook 2003 will be solved in the next version so I can continue using Avast? Thanks again.

kpischel

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 06:15:51 PM »
I'm running outlook/office 2003 on an XP machine. ever since updating to latest avast last week anything I send from one of my email accounts gets stuck in the outbox. If I turn avast off the stuck email goes on its way. I have several email accounts all running through outlook; some pop and some imap. what is really frustrating is i've told avast not to scan outgoing items so don't understand what the problem is. I expect antivirus to be pretty much a background operation... is is a pain.