Author Topic: Antivirus Action has invaded my pc  (Read 4484 times)

reopen

Antivirus Action has invaded my pc
« on: October 18, 2010, 10:24:54 PM »
It seems a software called Antivirus Action has planted itself in my pc. Some how it got past Avast because I probably OKd it thru a download ;D my fault im sure. I have found many references to it online but they all want to sell you something to remove it. Its very nasty little thing, it wont let me do anything on my computer. I restarted in safemode, but I just can't find where its hiding. I had avast do a complete boot scan but to no avail. It did the scan and then just rebooted windows. I have searched registry and windows app data, msconfig. I ran malwarebytes and CCCleaner. Nothing seems to have an effect. Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks
Brian Hassett

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Antivirus Action has invaded my pc
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 10:36:22 PM »
Remove Antivirus Action (Uninstall Guide)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-action

I ran malwarebytes.......
did you update it before you run it ?

Mr.Agent

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 10:40:16 PM »
If you used a valid email for your account here i recommand you to hide it from public to avoid it from spams. ;)

So you wont get bothered by others users.

reopen

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 12:04:02 AM »
Thanks guys, made email hidden, and no i hadn't updated malwarebytes, but i will now ;D

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 12:10:33 AM »
tell us if it worked....

reopen

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 02:52:44 AM »
Good news, Malwarebytes seems to have gotten it once i updated it. So far I havent had to go any deeper than that... we shall see.

Thanks for your help

Morgoth Bauglir

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 03:21:47 AM »
Couple of quick remarks.  Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware does indeed seem to kill the bugger.  Be aware though that unless you have Anti-Malware already installed, you need to install it in Safe Mode with Networking (for the update) after running rkill.com as Antivirus Action will not allow it to be installed otherwise.

Secondly, rkill.com seems to be working perfectly (in Safe Mode), no action from the Action critter.

Thanks for the great advice guys.