Author Topic: BV:Malware-gen detected by Avast-moved to chest, please help  (Read 2794 times)

greycloud34

BV:Malware-gen detected by Avast-moved to chest, please help
« on: March 18, 2011, 05:45:15 PM »
This is the file from the Avast scan:
CLEANUP_MLP.CMD
c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\OEM
FILE SIZE:8723
LAST MODIFICATION: 2/26/2009
TIME OF TRANSFER 3/18/2011
CATEGORY: INFECTED FILES
VIRUS DESCRIPTION: BV:MALWARE-gen
FILE ID: 1

I ran Malwarebytes program and nothing was detected. I moved file to virus chest. I did run a HijackThis scan and saved the log. I am attaching that file. I just want o know if this is a false positive or  is it really infected and if it can be cleaned.

On a different topic/problem if a computer had trojan viruses and moved to chest but installed avast before other virus program expired and was uninstalled and avast shows no infections, how can I find if virus chest file is still around and if pc is still infected?

Kat

greycloud34

Re: BV:Malware-gen detected by Avast-moved to chest, please help
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 05:50:06 PM »
I should have clarified that the 2nd problem was on a different pc. Thanks. I also wanted to add the OTS scan log for the bv:malware-gen issue. Avast cannot remove the malware and only option is to move the file to chest. Also shows up on Panda scan. I have tried following the instruction per site but problem persists and now the panda scan shows 8 files infected that avast and malwares program did not detect. So the panda scan showed the BV:malware-gen as a trojan Deldir.A and also found W32/Xor-encoded.A . Any ideas? I am trying to help out my younger sister who is about to get an earful for deciding to run the antivirus scan after  waiting more than a month without one. I have spent the weekend updating her anti-virus programs, installing malwares and anything else that I can think of while trying to get rid of this malware with no luck. Again if somebody can point out what else I can do to get rid of this as Avast won't repair it and I am afraid to delete.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 04:39:40 AM by greycloud34 »