Author Topic: Install issue; "unable to contact Google Cloud for SMS"  (Read 2168 times)

icurate

Install issue; "unable to contact Google Cloud for SMS"
« on: December 31, 2012, 08:34:58 PM »
I am installing mobile security on my phone and am at the point where it asks to link to my Avast account. I enter the information and then it says that there is a problem accessing my Google account. It says it can't access the Google cloud for SMS. I'm not sure exactly what this is looking for.

Thanks,

icurate

Re: Install issue; "unable to contact Google Cloud for SMS"
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 09:26:20 PM »
Okay, I did find another thread from last September that mentions this. The person that replied wrote that Google Cloud Messaging is not compatible with Android 4.1 which is what I have. Now I'm just surprised there hasn't been a fix for this on either end in the 3 months since.

svehlak

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 01:28:03 PM »
Actually the account registering is working fine - is the problem still persisting?

reinhardholzner

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 02:15:34 PM »
GCM IS compatible with Android 4.1.

what is the exact error message you're getting?

Okay, I did find another thread from last September that mentions this. The person that replied wrote that Google Cloud Messaging is not compatible with Android 4.1 which is what I have. Now I'm just surprised there hasn't been a fix for this on either end in the 3 months since.