Author Topic: Firewall Issue, 4G and Verizon  (Read 2004 times)

SMSSiren

Firewall Issue, 4G and Verizon
« on: January 02, 2013, 05:17:27 AM »
I have a Samsung GS3 phone on Verizon Network, all 4G in my local area. I enabled the firewall and selectively allowed apps through. Although I noticed the icon says 3G I was not concerned. I was able to get all apps working properly with the firewall [play, G+, etc] except Verizon Visual Voice Mail. Even though I have given it access through all connections in the firewall it will not connect if the firewall is enabled. This is what I saw happening; when I asked the voice mail app to refresh, connect to Verizon and check voice mail, it changes over to a 4G connection. It is the only app I have that does that.  Although the phone is connected to my WiFi network, this app chooses to use a 4G connection which appears to not work at least on my phone if the firewall is enabled. Also Avast could not connect to the update server when the firewall is on although I have it allowed through all 3 connection types.

If anyone has had this issue or if Avast knows how to resolve it; I would be greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks.

reinhardholzner

Re: Firewall Issue, 4G and Verizon
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 02:14:43 PM »
hi are you sure you have whitelist and not blacklist mode? can you re-check.
regarding 4g: can you use adb shell to help us? you need to execute a command there to get us the list of net interfaces.

SMSSiren

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 04:28:07 PM »
Hi, I have resolved this issue. Thank you,

reinhardholzner

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 10:06:26 AM »
great to hear!