Author Topic: Mobile virus definition not updating  (Read 5064 times)

Sk8trboy

Mobile virus definition not updating
« on: January 10, 2013, 06:03:18 PM »
Hi there,
I've installed the avast mobile security app and in the beginning the virus definition updated automatically but now it isn't updating. I receive an error message stating avast can't connect to the update server. Obviously I can still connect to the internet so it's not a connection problem. My current version is 121207-01. The app version is 2.0.3380. Any help wil be appreciated.

Regards,
Frank

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Mobile virus definition not updating
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 09:29:59 AM »
Hi,

did you try on both 3G and WiFi? Are you sure your provider(s) are not blocking our update servers? Are you sure you didn't block AMS in any kind of firewall? Did you recently moved to a country blocked on our servers?

Filip

Sk8trboy

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »
Haven't tried wifi yet. The device did update on 3g previously but I will try it through wifi and report back.

Regards
Frank

Sk8trboy

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 09:53:55 AM »
Ok after trying a few different wi-fi connections it did update today from my work wi-fi. Looks like that's the way forward then, which is sad, since it means that I will not be able to update definitions when I'm on the road.

binhvirile

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »
Happy to hear that you updated your definitions.
Of course you can update via 3G. Please check in Setting>Updates>Connection type and make sure that 3G is selected.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 10:22:49 AM »
Ok after trying a few different wi-fi connections it did update today from my work wi-fi. Looks like that's the way forward then, which is sad, since it means that I will not be able to update definitions when I'm on the road.

Hi,

if it updates fine on some networks but doesn't on others, it probably means it's not AMS fault :(

Filip