Author Topic: MyBackup Pro (Rerware) creates "invalid context during scan" errror  (Read 9301 times)

Offline byronkw

i use MyBackup Pro (Rerware) on my Samsung Note with ICS, and it is not able to do scheduled backups to the cloud since installing Avast.  checking the Avast log i find "1 Problem Found" which is MyBackup Pro - "invalid context during scan" errror.

i have done all updated and uninstalled and reinstalled by the error persists.  the option to "ignore" is offered, but i'm not clear on what that precedent that would set... although it seems like the obvious solution...

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: MyBackup Pro (Rerware) creates "invalid context during scan" errror
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 09:22:12 AM »
Hi,

I think AMS has nothing to do with app not being able to backup to cloud in case you don't have Firewall enabled. If you have then make sure the app is enabled (on all networks if it causes problems).

About the scanning issue, if it does that only while scanning this one app, but all the other apps are fine then it's weird. I you want to try, you can delete AMS data from device Settings-Applications and try setting up the whole app again, but if that doesn't solve the problem then I can't really help. I tried the trial on my device (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackup) and there is no problem scanning that so it's either the Pro version or the installation of AMS on your device got corrupted somehow.

Filip

Offline byronkw

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 12:59:23 AM »
i granted an exception ("ignore") for MBP and hoped that the problem was behind me....
however, today AMS reports 2387 Problems Found !!!
everything on the phone now generates an "invalid context during scan" errror
all apps; including OEM stock apps, all images and thumbnails, everything
not knowing what "Resolve Problems" will do... i have not selected it

i do not have a firewall installed on the phone (as far as i understand these things anyway)

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 10:03:16 AM »
Hi,

did you try deleting AMS data? It's in your device Settings-Applications-AMS.

Filip

klokanek

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 02:11:56 PM »
Hello,

I have the same problem, suddenly the AMS during a scan gave me the same error (however in Czech language - neplatný kontext v průběhu testu). I tried your suggestion, but without any avail - the problem persists. After deleting the AMS data (and restarting the phone), the AMS downloaded new virus definitions and made a quick scan - everything was OK. However, when I run a manual scan, every file on the phone (including the AMS itself) generated the same error again. I chose to ignore all problems, however anytime I run any application on the phone, a new error warning appears. Any suggestions? Corrupted virus definition file perhaps? Thanks for your advice.

Alan41238584

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 02:20:01 PM »
I also see this problem, it seems that every app I have installed is flagged with "invalid context during scan". I tried clearing the App data, this corrected the problem for one virus scan but all the errors returned on a subsequent scan.

I notice the original poster raises MyBackupPro as a possible culprit, I have just installed this on my Nexus 7 (Running JB 4.1.2, rooted) and the errors started to appear immediately afterwards.

However, I have had MyBackupPro installed for months on my phone (Running ICS 4.0.4, rooted) and the problem has only appeared today, so this may be coincidence.

sowen222

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 02:20:14 PM »
Same problem, but without MyBackupPro. It just started today as far as I can see. I cleared data, even completely uninstalled Avast and re-installed. First auto scan reports no problems, first manual scan generates "invalid context" for every app. Also, every time I open an app Avast reports the error.

As I said, I don't have MyBackupPro on my phone, so that's not the cause of the problem. Is something is wrong/corrupted in the latest virus definitions file?

I hope this gets fixed soon!

HTC Sensation ARHD 6.8.0 no sense, Nova Launcher
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:24:45 PM by sowen222 »

MarcZ

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 02:28:06 PM »
Add me to the list.  Go Launcher EX, avast! Mobile Security, Titanium Backup, Settings and Gmail
is the list of Programs on my phone that shows up with "Invalid Context during Scan".

Does ANYONE know what "Resolve All" will actually do? 

I also cannot access the Update
"Connection to the Update Server Failed." 
Application version 2.0.3380 Virus Definition Unknown.

Filip,
I think this needs to get to developers.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:32:10 PM by MarcZ »

xanthippe

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 02:31:42 PM »
I have the same appearing on all my devices (ICS and JB, all rooted) for every installed app, including AMS itself.

JasonB

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 02:33:11 PM »
Me too. Every App has "invalid context during scan". Check for updates reports "You have the latest version".

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 02:34:06 PM »
Hi,

the latest virus definitions got corrupted. We already took them down and are working on releasing a fixed version, but it might take a bit more time to do so just hang on, please.

Filip

Alan41238584

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »
Ah .. OK.  Cheers for the update.

Alan41238584

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 03:46:51 PM »
I now have virus definitions 130129-02 which seems to have fixed the problem.
Thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 04:00:45 PM »
I followed the steps to check for updates and I receive the message that the downloaded definition files are incorrect and to try again later --- So, did this message apply to  Avast Mobile  as well?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 04:25:40 PM »
Hi,

I think trying again is a good way. The files sometimes get corrupted due to the wireless connection of Android devices.

Filip