Author Topic: Scan Logs  (Read 9947 times)

puff-m-d

Scan Logs
« on: December 10, 2011, 09:11:32 AM »
Hello,

Unless I am missing something, the scan log only shows the last scan without any time or date that it was done. If you have the manual scans set to be done automatically, there is no definite way to know if they occurred. There needs to be an option for all scan logs to be saved along with a time and date that they occurred. If only the last scan log is to be saved to view, at least the time and date also needs to be saved with it, although for me preferably the log would show all scans with an option to delete.

I have tried many android security apps and this is the best and most promising I have seen to meet my needs.

Thanks in advance for considering my suggestion.

Best regards,
Kent
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 09:16:33 AM by puff-m-d »

cooby

Re: Scan Logs
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 08:45:54 PM »
I, too  would like to see some logs. Expanded to include other Avast activities.
Regardless whether manual or automatic scans.
What was scanned and when, what updated - AV data or the application and when, when Avast started, when disabled etc.
Perhaps daily logs, named avast2011-12-10.log for example, that we can ditch when we want to.

Offline Jan Gahura

• Avast team
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 09:13:40 PM »
We will definitely add this in future. I just can't tell when it'll actually be. And it will include not only an activity from scanner.

cooby

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 09:25:03 PM »
Great news. Thanks!

puff-m-d

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 12:56:24 AM »
Great news. Thanks!
I second that!!! Thanks Jan Gahura...

Best regards,
Kent
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:59:27 AM by puff-m-d »

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 01:06:30 PM »
There should be a "Finished at" line added to the scan report in the next beta refresh so you will see at what time/date the scan finished. Stay tuned!

Filip

puff-m-d

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 01:20:56 PM »
Cool...  ;D ...

Best regards,
Kent

puff-m-d

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 05:10:59 PM »
Hello,

I thought the scan time showing would be great with the addition made in the latest beta, but there is a problem in my opinion. In order to view the last scan time (unless I am missing something), you must do a manual scan first. This means that whatever last scan time that is displayed will always be for the scan you just did. You can never really see the last scan time without doing the manual scan and thus resetting it to the present time. This makes it basically useless in its present function.

Best regards,
Kent

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 05:55:59 PM »
Hi,

the automatic scan doesn't update the statistics? You can access the log by pressing the Log button on the top right of the scan setup screen.

Filip

puff-m-d

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 06:01:27 PM »
Hello,

(unless I am missing something)

Well, I do not know how I missed that, but I did not see that log button until you mentioned it.  ::) Sorry about that and thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Best regards,
Kent

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 09:33:24 PM »
That's fine, glad it's to your liking now :)

Filip

cooby

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 11:59:29 PM »
I missed the LOG button as well :) Thanks. Good thread.