Author Topic: USB wireless keyboard support while outside of Window.  (Read 2129 times)

npc

USB wireless keyboard support while outside of Window.
« on: January 01, 2010, 06:48:27 AM »
Kicking myself for being an idiot.  Downloading and installing software that didn't look quite right.  Infected with something from Freeze.com w/ relation to clipart.
c:\windows\system32\updater.exe, .\trz2.tmp, and another file close by infected.  As well as something in memory.

But either way. I'm working on a Dell Dimension E510 with out the older ps/2 port, only USBs.  To compound that I'm using a Logitech Cordless Desktop EX110 keyboard.  When it finds the bug in memory it desires to get out of winxp to fix the problem.  The problem, I think, I'm having is that the avast doesn't recognize the keyboard when out of winxp.  Any suggestions (sort of a wired usb keyboard, don't have one atm and I cannot seem to locate a male usb to female ps\2 adapter.)

Curses Himself and continues to dig for a solution.
Thank You for any thoughts or suggestions.

npc

Re: USB wireless keyboard support while outside of Window.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 07:00:10 AM »
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23116

If the keyboard works while in bios, before windows (selecting boot options for a dirty restart, most likely after the driver is loaded.), and during install of the operating system.  Then bios supports the keyboard right, with avast support it then?  So far two dirty restarts due to no user interface other than pulling the plug.

CharleyO

Re: USB wireless keyboard support while outside of Window.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 08:20:07 AM »

Welcome to the forums, npc.   :)

Have you tried setting the options in BIOS as was suggested in the link you provided?